Thread: Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

I have been checking out the rooting process for the phone but did not have much knowledge on the modding stuff. I know the phone can be easily rooted but what about using the captivate rom for Cyanogenmod on this phone? What do you all think about this idea guys? Do you have any idea about the same then do let me know about it. I know the hardware conflicts would be there but still want to know as if what can be the result, can you all please tell me. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Re: Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    I have been checking out the rooting process for the phone but did not have much knowledge on the modding stuff. I know the phone can be easily rooted but what about using the captivate rom for Cyanogenmod on this phone? What do you all think about this idea guys? Do you have any idea about the same then do let me know about it. I know the hardware conflicts would be there but still want to know as if what can be the result, can you all please tell me. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.
    Yes you are very correct about it. Although I must admit that I don’t have much knowledge about the cynagenmod. I can say that it wont work without any modifications. Since the hardware of the original captivate is quite different to the glide one. That’s why it would require some changes that’s for sure.

Re: Has anybody tried the Captivate ROM for Cyanogenmod on the Samsung Captivate Glide?

First and the foremost it will require CWM to work on the phone then only we can think of adding Cyanogenmod in the phone that’s what I am saying here. So hope you did understand what I am saying here. so first of all find whether CWM will work or not with this phone. Then only you can think of some other mods.

Guys I just got a news from ATT people saying that they will be sending an ICS update to Captivate Glide phones. So now I don’t think so we will be requiring this mods at all for the phones. After hearing this news I was pretty much excited to keep this phone for a longer duration. I will not change it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    Guys I just got a news from ATT people saying that they will be sending an ICS update to Captivate Glide phones. So now I don’t think so we will be requiring this mods at all for the phones. After hearing this news I was pretty much excited to keep this phone for a longer duration. I will not change it now.
    No not so early dude since the original Captivate never got a official gingerbread release from AT&T as promised to them so I don’t think so this phone will be getting an ICS update at all, that’s what I know. Since aTT people are very slow in releasing updates and hence I don’t think that this phone will be getting an ICS update, that’s what I know.

Actually I was looking for the LITE version of the current rom so that I would be able to install all my apps that I want in my phone. Frankly speaking I wont wait for the update to come up. Because I don’t have confidence on ATT people as if they will be sending me the update. So any idea how to get that?