Thread: Request to include Powermat in Samsung Captivate Glide

Request to include Powermat in Samsung Captivate Glide

I just heard about this great thing called as powermat which allows you to charge wirelessly. Don’t you think it’s a great app and I would love to have this in my phone as well. so is there anyone who has tried implementing this technology in their phones. Actually I am using Samsung Captivate Glide and I don’t have any idea whether it works or not in this phone but I would love to have it. So I am just searching for some tricks by which I would be able to crack it, what say guys? Anyone?

Down Re: Request to include Powermat in Samsung Captivate Glide

Quote Originally Posted by N@tty.Geo View Post
    I just heard about this great thing called as powermat which allows you to charge wirelessly. Don’t you think it’s a great app and I would love to have this in my phone as well. so is there anyone who has tried implementing this technology in their phones. Actually I am using Samsung Captivate Glide and I don’t have any idea whether it works or not in this phone but I would love to have it. So I am just searching for some tricks by which I would be able to crack it, what say guys? Anyone?
    No, such kind of apps cannot be made for this phone and I don’t think so anyone has ever tried it as well. so that’s why I would say stop being so adventurous you can get this feature in some high build phones like iPhone. I don’t think so that is possible in this phone. That’s what I want to say.

idea Re: Request to include Powermat in Samsung Captivate Glide

If you are willing to do some experiments then you have the rights to do so. Nobody can stop you from that, so I would say that if you are having some knowledge of hacking then you can hack your way to work with a touchstone. Probably a visit to the touchtone app group will give you some knowledge on how to do that. I hope I am pretty much clear to what I have said here.

Rest I don’t think so there is anything that you can do. Over here.

Re: Request to include Powermat in Samsung Captivate Glide

You said app... Do you mean the Powermat Wireless charging systems? I haven't found one available for the glide yet, however the HTC Evo 4G door can easily be taken apart and modified to work with the glide. Just peel the magnet and electronics out of the door. The connector was kinda tricky to get working because the micro usb port faces the other direction. I was actually able to fit the whole thing under my glides battery cover so everything looks clean.