Thread: Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive Only gets Detected at USB 1.1 when connected to Linksys E4200

Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive Only gets Detected at USB 1.1 when connected to Linksys E4200

I have bought Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive yesterday and have formatted it with the NTFS and the problem that I am facing now is that it is getting detected by USB 1.1 only on Linksys E4200, I have checked out the supported drives list and the Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive is mentioned to be supporting configuration for this router. It is getting detected at USB 2.0 by my computer without any issues, is there anyone who can help me to sort this issue??

re: Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive Only gets Detected at USB 1.1 when connected to Linksys E4200

I have bought Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive yesterday and have formatted it with the NTFS and the problem that I am facing now is that it is getting detected by USB 1.1 only on Linksys E4200, I have checked out the supported drives list and the Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive is mentioned to be supporting configuration for this router. It is getting detected at USB 2.0 by my computer without any issues, is there anyone who can help me to sort this issue??

I was having the same issue but then I was able to get it recognized by 2.0 after unplugging and plugging the device several times, if that does not help then you can try to reset the router and see if it is making any difference, I think that one of the above solution will definitely help you out. I am running in to different issues now, I mean that it is appearing to be not capable of handling 1080p video over UPnP and also playing avi files to an XBox 360 as well. Is there anyone who can help me out with this??

re: Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive Only gets Detected at USB 1.1 when connected to Linksys E4200

I think that you should try out updating the firmware of the router and make sure that you are upgrading the same from Linksys website and after you update the firmware just reset the router and see if the problem is solved or not. Just try it out and then let me know.

I have upgraded the firmware and it was the first thing that I had tried but then I really don’t think that it is making any difference and I am left with the same issue,I have also found that when I am going to the Storage tab after an hour and so then I am getting an error message saying "The attached USB device is not supported" and in order to solve the same I have to reboot the router, even though I have been getting rid of this error by rebooting the router but then it is still not able to support streaming AVI files at 1080p, is there any other solution that I can try out???

I have tried to plug it and unplug the Seagate Goflex 2TB Drive an no of times by now but then it is really not helping me out, I think that you might have been lucky with your solution, I am using it at USB 1.1 when connected to the E4200 but then I have found that the uploading and downloading speed is too low as compared to connecting it directly to the computer. I have also tried to reboot the router a number of times but then it’s not helping, is there anyone who can help me out with a workaround??

I am having the same issue with the Samsung s2 portable drive, I think that this is some kind of problem with the usb port, I mean that it is not capable of providing the necessary current that is required for the drive to work properly, the other weird thing that I have noticed is that the temperature of the router gets increased when I connect the HDD to it. I have been trying out a no of solution like resetting the router and all but then I am still sitting with the same issue,I am planning to get twin usb cables with one end for the data and usb wall charger on the other hand, I will let you all know if it works but then if any one finds a solution for this issue then please post it here, it will be highly appreciated.

I Think that you should try out some different ubs cable and see if it is helping if not than better contact the tech support and see what they have to say about this, I mean that if they have listed it to be compatible then they will be having idea about it. Just see what possible solution you can try out.