Thread: AT&T update for Samsung Captivate Glide

AT&T update for Samsung Captivate Glide

Hello friends, i have rooted the Captivate Glide and running the Rogers kernel and AT&T rom. I have uninstalled the bloatware from phone. So i have noticed the update for the phone from AT&T. I have download it on phone but it does not install, it is getting fail. So does anyone has got the update from AT&T. So please tell me what is the issue with it. Thank you.

Re: AT&T update for Samsung Captivate Glide

Well my friend when the update is been downloaded on phone and just before installing it check the phone and if there is something missing which you have done it then it stops the update, so you should might need all the packages which are necessary then you will be able to update it. If wishing to do the update then you need to restore the packages that you removed then you can install it. So you need to have all packages which were there earlier.

The update never installed until and unless there is the required files present on the phone, if the updates have founded that there are some changes done to phone then it does not allow to install the update on phone.

Even i have got the update from AT&T, but i have just download it on the phone. I have not install it, whereas i have done rooting of the phone, i was thinking that if i install the update then it will unroot and it will brings all the stuff which i have removed it from phone. So when i will be sure that update is needed to install then only i will install it on the phone.