Thread: Sansa Clip + take 10-15 minutes to refresh media

Sansa Clip + take 10-15 minutes to refresh media

Hi friends recently I have install the new 8GB MicroSD in my 2GB Sansa Clip+, and however my MicroSD is full except some memory space. So whenever I refresh media my Sansa Clip+ takes approximate 10-15 minutes to refresh media just after unplug it from my Computer after adding songs. So why this issue is seen in Sansa Music Player, is there any way to make refreshing quicker? If you guys have any ideas or suggestion for this issue or any solution for this issue then please let me know. Any reply will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: Sansa Clip + take 10-15 minutes to refresh media

This depends on which format of file you have added into the songs list. And how many tracks you have added there in your music List, and also this depends on tagging the file with Artist/Title/Album in ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format. And also whether there are any clips also present in the list of songs tracks. There are huge numbers of file are present there in your Music Player then it will sure that while refreshing it will take some time.

According to my information, you must try to make use of the latest firmware to be used there in your Sansa, for that tried to download the Sansa Updater which will update your Sansa music player.

Try to make files tagged in the proper format, and try to distribute that file into specific album name. And connect your Music Player to computer and Scan it for removing threat and virus if exists in your Media Player. And then reboot your Sansa clip + and see whether the issue is solved. If not then there is need to format the entire songs and then make the fresh input of songs that you wish to have in your Music Player.

I think there are the huge numbers of songs within the same album name, and that is why the database refresh takes so long to refresh. So sorting tracks is lengthy try to make changes in their album tag so make relatively small number of songs with the same album tag and change the album tag in such a way that 30 songs present in one single Album tag. This will speed up the refreshing of Media Player.

This is common issue I have seen for most of the sansa user that if the songs in the memory storage is more it take times to refresh it, may be the OS is not that much sufficient for performing this huge process . So that is why it takes time for the refreshing Songs. May be this have to be fixed by Sandisk to improve the processing speed of this Music Player.