Thread: Samsung Captivate Glide Gets Hot, Runs Down Battery, Shuts Down automatically

Samsung Captivate Glide Gets Hot, Runs Down Battery, Shuts Down automatically

I bought a new Captivate Glide few days ago and truly not at all satisfied with it since there has been not even a single day this phone ran smoothly. The very next day I bought this phone, it got automatically random shut down on me.
    And later on I noticed that during this ongoing activity my phone also became too hot and was also facing a low battery issue. it’s not that I didn’t get the main cause of these issues, however I can say that I notice these problems frequently whenever I go on to set the calendar synch to “All” using the ActiveSync.

Every time I try to sync my calendar I face all such unusual symptoms. Some people say that the problem is just due to the calendar sync while some says that the phone is defected. Everyone confused me but still I didn’t get where exactly the problem and what exactly I should do.

Re: Samsung Captivate Glide Gets Hot, Runs Down Battery, Shuts Down automatically

Hey friends let me explain you the whole problem. If calendar syncing really causes your phone to get hot, runs down battery and frequent shut down then I am the one who is having the similar problem. And I thing you feel happy to hear that I have got the core cause of these things.

First of all anyone who is willing to set the calendar sync using the ActiveSync then definitely my advice would be not to try this out. I have noticed that doing so sends the phone in an infinite looping which in turns results in long lasting calendar sync. Not only in the calendar sync but also I can see this negative result on my desktop outlook where the calendar modifications freezes up. The only solution I found out till now is that you need to reduce the calendar sync to less than “ALL”.

Re: Samsung Captivate Glide Gets Hot, Runs Down Battery, Shuts Down automatically

I seriously don’t have any idea about how to get rid of this issue permanently but yes I can definitely get you a solution to get you phone back to the normal mode or maybe it can also permanently sort out the problem. However try to restart your phone in recovery mode, and once you got the phone in the recovery mode choose the wipe cache option. Once you do this, I am sure your phone will get back you the normal position or may be your problem will be sorted forever.

As the above post mentioned to get the phone in the recovery mode, you can really get things on place. But according to me you need to do or follow up some more steps in order to solve things. First of all:

• Delete your account which was syncing to Exchange
    • Shut down
    • Then restart in recover it in recovery mode.

(Now the initial screen appearing will ask you for loading a replacement OS for this you need to do your volume up. Or it will ask for you to enter the recovery mode which requires you to do your volume down)

• Also remember to get into the recovery mode you need to hold your volume down key for few seconds before you get into the recovery mode.
    • In recovery mode menu > Wipe Cache Partition
    • Now restart the phone
    • Re add the account with exchange sync feature
    • Set calendar sync to 30 days or as per your requirement

In order to get your phone I recovery mode you need to press the power, volume down and home keys altogether at the same time.

It happened to me once and also for the last time. When happened I thought that it was just a minor issue but then I was unable to get into the root of the cause. Then once I noticed that everything started after I downloaded and installed ADW launcher in my phone. First I sounded quite strange to me that how such an unrelated app can create such problem but then unwillingly I tested my phone by uninstalling it and miracle happened. My phone got back to normal. I haven’t faced that issue then forever till now.

Not only in Captivate Glide but also some once or twice I had this problem with my old x10.

I thought I had the problem because of this exchange calendar set up but then I noticed that my brother also facing the same issue, the exact same issue of phone freezing in lock mode and getting hot although he doesn’t have any such application like calendar set up or sync app which till now is believed to the core reason for such symptoms. Now I think that some other kind of sync could also be the reason like gmail, google calendar, yahoo etc.