Thread: How to use iGO to store data on external sd card in Samsung Captivate Glide

How to use iGO to store data on external sd card in Samsung Captivate Glide

Hi friends recently I have install iGO in my Samsung Captivate Glide, so I have seen that this is the best GPS Application for knowing the direction and address, but however I was trying to store the data of this GPS in External SD Card. So is it possible to store iGO data in external storage using in Samsung Captivate. If yes then how. I have try many thing but still not able to do this, if you guys have any ideas or suggestion for this Application and about changing the default storage then please let me know. any reply will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: How to use iGO to store data on external sd card in Samsung Captivate Glide

According to my information this is simple to store the data from iGO to the external SD card using in Samsung Captivate Glide. These simple steps let you to do this thing in your Mobile phone to store data in External Storage.
    • First you have to download igo from the market
    • Now with the help of MyBackup Pro or Titanium, extract the downloaded application.
    • After that you just have to copy the Entire Application in your PC, and then you have to rename as "original_igo.zip"
    • There in the file you have to edit the file present over "res/raw/sys.txt"
    • There you have to find line starting by linked_root_list
    • After finding replace it with .linked_root_list="/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/iGO"
    • And then you have to rename "original_igo.zip" into "samsung_unsigned_igo.apk"
    • Now finally sign your application.
    • After that save the file as "samsung_signed_igo.apk"
    • Now finally you have to install that application in your mobile phone .

There are other best GPS application I know which can be used for this purpose, Sygic is one of those application that can store it’s data directly to external storage.

I have try Sygic it looks nice but iGO series is best for map coverage and also there are several features are present in this Application which is to be the best GPS based application. I think there may be some internal option present in this Application that may be used for changing the data storage directory.