Thread: Can I remove Touch Whiz Launcher on Samsung Captivate Glide phone

Can I remove Touch Whiz Launcher on Samsung Captivate Glide phone

I have bought Samsung Captivate Glide android Smartphone 3 months ago the phone has some great features and I have completely satisfied with the phone. I have recently rooted my phone and now I want to use ADW launcher on my phone so I want to ask that can I completely and safely remove the Touch Whiz Launcher from my phone and if yes then please recommend me how to remove this launcher.

Re: Can I remove Touch Whiz Launcher on Samsung Captivate Glide phone

Touch Whiz is not just a launcher it is built into Samsung android versions and if you remove Touch Whiz from your phone and if the ADW crash or doesn’t launch for some reasons then you will be without any stock launcher it is better for you to just leave it on your phone and try to add ADW launcher on your phone.

I don’t know why you want to remove the Touch Whiz Launcher from your phone as you are free to install and use any other launcher as well you can easily have both the Touch Whiz and ADW launcher at the same time and if it is possible to remove Touch Whiz then instead of removing this I would like to recommend you to keep the Touch Whiz as a backup launcher so it is useful for you in case if there is any other problem with other launcher.

I think you can’t completely remove Touch Whiz Launcher on your phone as it is built into the android system on Samsung phones and also there are no ASOP ROMs for Samsung captivate Glide at the moment but you can use another launchers as a replacement home screen so it is good idea to keep Touch Whiz as for back up and install and use ADW launcher on your phone

I think if you remove the Touch Whiz Launcher on your phone and if ADW doesn’t install or goes down then you could not able to log on to the android market and install another launcher so it is better to use the Touch Whiz Launcher on your phone as it is better than launcherpro and ADW .