Thread: Need help for Rooting Samsung Captivate Glide with 2.3.6

Need help for Rooting Samsung Captivate Glide with 2.3.6

Hi friends recently I have try to root my Samsung Captivate Glide, so that I can remove the bloat and make use of programs like DroidWall. As I am new user I don’t have that much of information about rotting this mobile phone. So if you guys have any ideas or suggestion about rooting Samsung Captivate Glide with 2.3.6 then please let me know. Any reply will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: Need help for Rooting Samsung Captivate Glide with 2.3.6

According to my information before rooting your Samsung Captivate Glide, you have to do flashing of your mobile phone to 2.3.6 by following the instruction that were come during process. And within the Steps there is one kernel step, skip that steps if you have already received the upgrade from AT&T. You have to make update of your mobile phone via AT&T, make sure that the phone should be run perfectly.

The thing that I know about rooting of Samsung Captivate Glide mobile phone is that, rooting will provide the administrator right for your Operating System. That means to say once you have rooted your mobile phone you can make lots of changes there in setting which is only possible after rooting. There you will get rights to uninstall and install different applications in your phone, this is best to root the Mobile phone in order to make use of application from Android Market. There also you can able to make changes there in hardware setting of your mobile phones.

Rooting Samsung Captivate Glide is good but however it void your warranty. There are few steps you have to follow before rooting your Samsung Captivate Glide.
    • Make sure that battery must be 100% charge.
    • You have to make use of PC for this process, so the OS running in your PC must be one of Windows 7, Vista or XP.
    • And to connect your mobile phone with your Computer, there must be USB drivers for your Samsung Captivate Glide (Gidim) are to be installing there in your Computer.
    • If you don’t have driver for supporting mobile phone, then you can have this from the official site. Although you can also make use of CD that came along with box when you purchased the device,

There is little step by step instruction that you have to follow while rooting your Samsung Captivate Glide.
    1. First of all you have to install application called as Unlock Root into your System. Because this application programmed for rooting mobile automatically, you can have this application from its official site.
    2. Now with help of enabling USB Debugging, connect your Mobile phone to your Computer.
    3. After successfully connect of your Mobile phone with computer, Double click on “UnlockRoot.exe”. This will take some time to detect Device so you have to wait for some time.
    4. Once you have done, just click on the “Root” button.
    5. Now your mobile phone will be automatically root, and finally you will receive pop up informing you that your device has been successfully rooted.
    6. After successful rotting, it is recommended to restart your Samsung Captivate Glide (Gidim).

May this Help you out to root your mobile phone.

That's a good information. this really very helpful for me to upgrade my Mobile phone. Thanks