Thread: Samsung captivate glide vs samsung galaxy s II skyrocket

Samsung captivate glide vs samsung galaxy s II skyrocket

Now I have enough money to at least buy a Smartphone. But now there is a huge confusion. I have decided to buy it from AT&T but no idea whether to go for captivate glide or to buy galaxy s II skyrocket. I want to know the difference between the two phones with respect to the processor and network. I seriously don’t care about the screen size or the camera or any other feature related to them. Especially I want to know the processors and the networks shared between these two. Any other specification or huge difference is most welcome please.

Re: Samsung captivate glide vs samsung galaxy s II skyrocket

I have got bit information of these two phones with respect to its processor and the network.

Samsung Captivate Glide
    • Processor: 1GHz Dual-core Tegra 2 Processor
    • Network: 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+

Samsung galaxy s II skyrocket
    • Processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
    • Network: 4G LTE

How every if look at the processor, the captivate Glide’s Tegra 2 processor is much better than the dual-core processor which is present in the skyrocket. Anyways if personally asked me I would definitely go for Samsung Captivate Glide. It’s because I already had Galaxy s II skyrocket earlier.

Undoubtedly Captivate Glide has much faster processor than the skyrocket. But according to me I can’t see any other feature of Glide which in turns proved to be good or positive.

The first major drawback of Glide is the pixel density; the pixel density of Glide is not so happening. Due to this reason the images or pictures doesn’t seems to be clear unless you zoom in the screen. This doesn’t mean that I would stop you from buying this phone instead I would advise you to better have a clear look at the screen when you go in the store to get the handset. Maybe either you will like it or you will not, depends upon your preference.

Coming for the network, I would say that the network 4G through HSPA and 4G through LTE should never be compared because both of them are completely two different things. I never had complaints regarding the HSPA data speed on my captivate Glide but only when I am in a better coverage area, the coverage should be clear for HSPA. But at the same coverage area LTE would underperform when compared to HSPA. I guess there would be no problem when skyrocket is easily is able to connect to 3G / HSPA when LTE is not available.

I am a complete keyboard freak. From the starting onwards whenever I go for any phone or device the first thing I look out for is the keyboard. If you really give importance to emailing, word doc, texting then definitely Captivate Glide is the one for you. I generally prefer physical keyboard rather than a virtual keyboard therefore bought a Captivate Glide for me. I never enjoyed typing on a virtual keyboard.

If you really don’t care about the keyboard and also would like to pay extra money then I would suggest you to go for the galaxy s II Skyrocket. Captivate Glide has a physical Keyboard whereas the Skyrocket has a virtual one. Not everyone feels comfortable with the virtual keyboard but just because it’s has been release after this physical keyboard and also looks attractive, people prefer virtual keyboard phone.

Virtual keyboards are best for some people with respect to their requirement, and if so then skyrocket is best for them. Nobody will ever get the difference between 1ghz and 1.5ghz spec as benchmark test as both shares a minute difference. The only processing difference I could get is gaming with 3D graphical processing. Then 8GB and 16GB is again not a minor difference with respect to the storage capacity. We all know that the RAM and the processor are the two major things especially when it comes to the expandable memory available through micro SD slots in both the phones.

And ultimately I would like to conclude my post with one last statement. Just remember Captivate Glide was listed in the top 5 phone where as Skyrocket was the number 1 amongst those top 5 phones. I hope you all got what exactly I mean to say.

If you have got a the best typing speed with an average accuracy then things won’t work out for you without a physical keyboard and if you need to use physical keyboard then you will have to go for Glide.

For your kind information let me tell you that if you are having a physical key board i.e. a Glide phone then you will never have to worry about either of the keyboard. You can also get the virtual keyboard from the android market, but when you get a skyrocket phone having virtual keyboard, just remember that you can’t get a physical keyboard if you really need it. And if you go for Screen Size and gaming then obviously your preference goes to the graphical processing and physical keyboard. Both of them are really cool but the Glider’s slide out qwerty keyboard is the differentiator.

I was completely unaware about the screen resolution issue of Glide as I have never faced this downfall in my Captivate Glide. But other than this if asked me whether I have any other complaints regarding Glide, then yes I would like to mention one thing. The Glide phone which I bought has just a 4GB storage capacity due to which I am suppose to get an extra micro SD card and upgrade my memory.