Thread: Samsung Captivate Glide not getting text message and phone call

Samsung Captivate Glide not getting text message and phone call

Okay thus for the past week my handset has been acting crazy I will only receive some calls by total random and most of the time it i'll just get a voice mail and no notification of a missed call along with that if I my texts on’t send through and therefore the just way to fixing this issue is by actually calling out on my phone and it somehow opens a gateway to let my phone receive a text. I even have no idea what happing with this phone thus if you'll please assist me out that will be awesome!

Re: Samsung Captivate Glide not getting text message and phone call

Hey can you tell me What is your signal strength? From the main screen, go to the
    1. MENU
    2. SETTINGS
    3. ABOUT PHONE
    4. NETWORK

I am going with same problems and are for months. I will assure you it's nothing to try and do with the phone however rather your native Verizon network. I even have even reverted back to an older phone to assume to resolve problems. The shame of this is often the lack to support answers. When multiple service tickets placed with Tech support we've realized there's just one tower within the space and this appears to be the original problem since the coupling with another municipality concerning forty five miles away. talk to your native customer care to check if there are plans for one more tower to be placed in your space.

I'm not having troubles with delayed texts, but some calls get through to me, whereas others don't.. And oddly enough, it is the same folks not getting through, whereas the another folks ARE continuing to support through. It's frustrating !

Those calls that don't make it through, are they calling from their cell phone??? If thus are they continuously calling you using your ten digit phone number? Can you tell me that

My phone didn't ring for a few calls and there was no notification for missing calls. The phone number didn't seem in call log. The caller said his calls were directed to voicemail however there have been no records on voicemail. This issue happened a minimum of thrice from one individual that i do know and might verify. i do not know how much calls I even have missed. My phone has been operating all the time and that i will call out during this time. I had ticketed this issue before however the client service couldn't provide me the solution concerning why it happened and therefore the issue still persists for months and that i just started to VZ for four months. cannot wait to the contract to finish.

I have been have an similar issue with my phone, except it's mainly from my home location. about 2 weeks ago, my issue's started. I even have referred to as 611. They place me through to tech support four times currently! Opened 2 trouble tickets . I have, no but 2 however few time up to 3 bars on my phone. The phone does not indicate there's no service. However, i cannot consistently build or receive calls and send or receive text messages. it isn't simply my phone either. Others with Verizon service are over, they need had an equivalent state of affairs on the phones. I even have completed the *228, using each choice one and a pair of.

I’m seriously considering switching to AT&T.

I know how frustrating and inconvenient missing your calls and text messages may be and i am here to assist. I even have the HTC Thunderbolt and haven't had this issue . I've totally researched this and didn't notice it's been reported as a known issue by different users. Is that you updated your phone might cause this problem . Was it the Gingerbread SW update? . If you have already got Gingerbread i like to recommend performing a hard reset. If you're still experiencing missed calls or text messages when the hard reset, please report to your service provider

The last software update i think was firmware or one thing like that, and that i simply checked for a replacement software update and it says no new software updates. So what should I do

Does this happen at home or away from home, or both? I assume that if this happens completely different in several| places using different cell towers it might be a problem together with your phone. perhaps go into the network choice setting by getting to settings to the wireless and networks to the mobile networks , scan for offered networks and opt for your carrier and check out once more. If that does not work you will need to undertake a factory reset. Hope this helps.

Hey can you tell me if you rooted or stock?

Downloaded any apps lately?You could reload the OS.

If you call support center , they're getting to make a factory reset. If you're stock, and a factory reset or reloading the OS does not fix it, the phone might have to get replaced.