Thread: Is it possible to connect USB Device to Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201?

Is it possible to connect USB Device to Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201?

Can anyone tell me that is there a way to connect the device trough the Micro USB slot on the tablet itself like the micro USB to female USB adapter. I mean if this is possible then there will be no need of caring the dock all the time. Now I know few devices connect through the USB port in the dock that connects to the prime but I really want to know if the same device connect directly. Is there any one here can help me on this I would be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Is it possible to connect USB Device to Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201?

Hey I am sorry to inform you that there is no Micro USB port on the Tablet . there is micro HDMI and Micro SD Card but no Micro USB port without the dock . I think that you would need the USB host adapter

Re: Is it possible to connect USB Device to Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201?

Sorry to being the idiot, so that means that it is in fact a 40-pin connector. So subsequently, , with the ASUS USB host adapter that plugs on the 40 pin connector, , the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 able to operate most USB devices with no dock, like flash drives also controllers? Now, id there any technique to make use of this connector as well as the charge it at the similar time? Can anyone here know if 40-pin splitters exist? And if yes then would work? I would be really appreciating these thanks in advance

I'm certain there’s a technique to do it, every the wall charger is if i think correct is a 9pin usb3 cable. If you be able to do a custom wire so as to splits the power as well as data lines you can most likely create yourself a usb charging splitter for it after the adapter. Does anybody have a pin design for the 40pin ?

Well If you were to attempt splicing the wire, I believe it might be simpler to get a USB3 extension cable plus only cut that up instead of than cutting up the ASUS 40 pin cable which you have no knowledge how it is wired. also I'm not certain on is if a USB3 hub is just a useless circuit otherwise if there is a few intelligence in there. Containing a USB2 + USB3 device on the similar cable at the similar time might be exciting.

Hi guys I'm not a actually knowledgeable tech guy so pardon me if this is unintelligent, however why can't just make use of a female USB to mini USB cable to plug on the a device . Doesn't the proprietary to USB cable which come with the tablet function as a standard USB cable

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    Hi guys I'm not a actually knowledgeable tech guy so pardon me if this is unintelligent, however why can't just make use of a female USB to mini USB cable to plug on the a device . Doesn't the proprietary to USB cable which come with the tablet function as a standard USB cable
    Interesting and I think that might may work and if the female-female usb connected to the data cable . you would not able to charge it on the same time with no splice work in my opinion

Hey don’t spend your 3$ on the adapter for the reason that I know that will not work as I have already been tried it on my Transform. The cable do not contain the USB host support the work on the any device