Thread: My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

question My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

I have a Sansa Fuze+ mp3 player with the firmware version of 2.38.06. I have encountered a problem when I have downloaded some files and this files were coming in my Sansa Fuze+ with some kind of the different album names. The names were in some kind of the Japanese language. This has really taken a tome to know me where this files has came from. It were in the Radio Broadcats showing some kind of the words of the German Language. The files which I have encountered to be the problematic were in some kind of the folder name “Funkstreifzug” (en: 'Radio Foray') and this has been tag with the album of the "Funkstreifzug". When I saw then these both were put in the albums of the Der Funkstreifzug - B5 aktuell and the Notizbuch - Nah dran - Bayern 2 by the Sansa Fuze+ and also the tag of the album is showing the name Funkstreifzug. I wonder form where have been this unknown files came? Does anybody knows about this or is there anyone with the same problem here? Any suggestions would be appreciated and sorry for long explanation.

star Re: My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

I make the use of Tag & Rename as a tagging application to detect the problems on the ID3 tags and the other. I also have another application called as the DBpoweramp which allows me to create the mp3 from the disc rips that I use and this application also has the option of the context menu that enables you to show some more options of the pages of prop. The list of all the tags that has been in the files are shown when I am able to select a file or the group of files. You can also be able to delete the tag and also you can do the editing to the tag. I am not so well with the program side but I hope that you would also be doing the same with the mp3tag.

question Re: My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    I make the use of Tag & Rename as a tagging application to detect the problems on the ID3 tags and the other. I also have another application called as the DBpoweramp which allows me to create the mp3 from the disc rips that I use and this application also has the option of the context menu that enables you to show some more options of the pages of prop. The list of all the tags that has been in the files are shown when I am able to select a file or the group of files. You can also be able to delete the tag and also you can do the editing to the tag. I am not so well with the program side but I hope that you would also be doing the same with the mp3tag.
    I am using the files that should be put in some different folders that too depending upon the topics of that files in order so that I would be able to create a good collection. I also use the tool called the Mp3Tag tool so that I could be able to set the tag of the album to the specified name of the folder because I don’t think that the name that is originally provided by the file creator to the album is specific. But the problem is that the album tag is showing some kind of Funkstreifzug name and I think that’s Japanese lang. I don’t know why is it showing such weird names?

Re: My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

Have you used the Tag Lister which is known as the TotalCommander file manager. If you have used already then can you tell me that what is the tag name contained by the file that you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    Have you used the Tag Lister which is known as the TotalCommander file manager. If you have used already then can you tell me that what is the tag name contained by the file that you are using.
    I have made the use of the Tag Lister and when I saw the files then it was showing the tag name starting with some kind of the WWW and this was followed by the different Japanese name of the album tag. The name of the program series that contains the Japanese names that are so weird and the MP3 Tag Tool is unable to edit this name of the program series with the Japanese language. So sad

You can install the Mp3tag which is of the version v2.49b and using this program you would be able to edit every tag on your player. You have to just follow these:
    • You have to select the Song or few songs.
    • Make the use of the Right Click of Mouse to select one song and right click on that song that you have selected.
    • Select the Extended Tags Option.
    • Edit the tags.

Hope this helps you.

question Re: My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

Appreciated by your suggestion. I was really got confused with the ID3 tag editor. Mp3 tag Tools is the editor tool that I am currently using and this has the ability to work on the subset of the tags only. The program that you have suggested is supposed to remove all the tags I think. I have downloaded that program and I got rid off from the tag that was having the WWW and was followed by the different Japanese name by removing the tag. But now, the problem is that the album info is showed by the Sansa Fuze+ again which is given in the album tag but there is not a problem with the other text that followed the WWW. Now, I think there might be the problem with the firmware.

unsure Re: My Sansa Fuze+ is showing 'Album' ID3 tag is overridden

I have seen that in my Sansa Fuze+ there is a problem with some kind of the Flac File. It’s a recent problem that I have encountered. The main problem is that the tag of the Album Artist is getting conflict with the tag of the Artist. That is why the player is showing the name of the Artist in the name of the band. When I have gone through plenty of the music and remove the tag having the Artist name then this problem was eliminating. The tag which was giving this problem was on almost all the files of the mp3 and now the artists is all clear and it works well. I guess than then it should be having some relation with the Comment tags of the Vorbis.

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    I have seen that in my Sansa Fuze+ there is a problem with some kind of the Flac File. It’s a recent problem that I have encountered. The main problem is that the tag of the Album Artist is getting conflict with the tag of the Artist. That is why the player is showing the name of the Artist in the name of the band. When I have gone through plenty of the music and remove the tag having the Artist name then this problem was eliminating. The tag which was giving this problem was on almost all the files of the mp3 and now the artists is all clear and it works well. I guess than then it should be having some relation with the Comment tags of the Vorbis.
    I have the Sansa Fuze+ player too and as far as my knowledge is concerned about the Sansa I would tell that this players are not able to read the tag of the Album Artist,. I have never seen this . I probably think than the problem might be occurring to your side because you might not have cleared the field of the Album Artist. If you do so then it would be great. Thank You.