Thread: SanDisk Sansa Clip+8Gb does not recognize full 8GB of microSD card

SanDisk Sansa Clip+8Gb does not recognize full 8GB of microSD card

Recently I have purchased SanDisk Sansa Clip+8Gb and I am facing problem with using my 8Gb card with my Clip+. My Clip+ only recognize 5Gb of SD card. it does not show total 8GB. I don’t know whether problem is with my SD card or my Clip+. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: SanDisk Sansa Clip+8Gb does not recognize full 8GB of microSD card

According to me you should first remove your SD card from you Clip+ and then put it in a memory card reader and connect with your computer. After that you have take the backup of all the data from card and to format the SD card. Now after formatting the SD card you have to insert the SD card in your Clip+ and then whether your problem gets solved or not. I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

I would say you should try different SD card with your Clip+ and after that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not. if you are getting similar problem with other SD card also then there might be problem with your Clip+ and if other SD cards work fine then problem is with other SD card.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to download the SD Formatter application from the internet and after downloading the SD Formatter you have to install that application in your computer and after installing the SD Formatter you have to open that application and after that you have to format the SD card with help that application and after formatting the SD card you have to check whether same problem get solved or not. I was also experiencing the same problem and after that I have also downloaded the SD Formatter from the internet and then I have format my SD card from that application and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

You can download the SD card formatter by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

I have format SD card with the help of SD Formatter and after formatting the SD card also I get same problem. With other SD card also I get similar type of problem. if anyone have any other solution regarding this then please let me know.

You have mentioned that you are experiencing same problem with SD card also and that means problem is with your SanDisk Sansa Clip+. I will suggest you to reset your SanDisk Sansa Clip+ and after that your problem might get solved. To reset SanDisk Sansa Clip+ you have press and hold power button for 20 seconds and after that you have to release the power button. Now after that you have to press power button again start your SanDisk Sansa Clip+. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.