Thread: How to load audiobooks from CD in sandisk Sansa clip

How to load audiobooks from CD in sandisk Sansa clip

I am having sandisk Sansa clip and I have been trying to to load audiobooks from CD in sandisk Sansa clip, I have tried using itunes to compress/combine the audiobook tracks but then the same did not worked for me, I am having the latest version of the firmware, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out?

Re: How to load audiobooks from CD in sandisk Sansa clip

I am having sandisk Sansa clip and I have been trying to to load audiobooks from CD in sandisk Sansa clip, I have tried using itunes to compress/combine the audiobook tracks but then the same did not worked for me, I am having the latest version of the firmware, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out?
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know are you trying to directly move the audiobook files in to your sandisk Sansa clip from the cd?? Or in some other way. I am asking you so because the normal and the commercial CD have the CD audio format which is not supported by such players. In order to get them work you will have to convert them in to a format that is supported by the audio player for eg MP3, ogg vorbis, flac etc.for this you can try out the Ripping software like CDex .

No, I am not trying to add the audiobook files directly to the Sansa clip, I have been ripping the same before doing that as the same solution was suggested to me by someone else, I am not very sure to which format it was converted actually the instruction were not specifying the same. I just wanted to know if there is any other software than the itunes that I can use?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you can just use iTunes to rip the files into MP3 format and after that just move the files to your Sansa clip, I have been using CDex in order to rip the cd but then there are a no of setting that you will have to so, so here you will have to refer the Help file, if you want then you can try out the Windows Media Player, just check it out and see what possible solution you will try out.

I have been using the itunes and like the one has specified just changing the file type will work for you, I think that the itunes is a bit complicated but then it really helps, just try to change the file type and then you won’t face any issues, I have been doing the same and that’s why I am quite sure about the solution.