Thread: Samsung Series 9 Notebook or Asus Zenbook UX31

Samsung Series 9 Notebook or Asus Zenbook UX31

I have been reading reviews of the UX31. In CES 2012 I have noticed the Samsung Series 9 devices. I confused now about which one to order, Series 9 or the UX31. The most important factor for me is keyboard and battery life. I always look into both things whenever getting a laptop. Currently I don’t know about the Screen comparison. The Samsung promised that it will offer a bright display but on the other side the Asus is not that much bad as regards to screen resolution.

Re: Samsung Series 9 Notebook or Asus Zenbook UX31

The Series 9 devices are far more different as compared to Ultrabooks. There are still many complaints about Series 9 like weak WiFi, fragile power connector and uncomfortable trackpad. But now the Samsung have released upgraded models. These new models may contain faster processors and a WiFi solution. On the other side the Asus UX31 has a higher resolution screen but this lies to the ultrabook category.

After so much thinking I finally bought the 13'' Macbook air after seeing wifi issues with series 9. In my opinion the Macbook air much better in every aspect. It has a very good screen but the I loved the series 9 screen. What I didn’t like in MBA is the OS X. Because the Windows 7 has been my favorite and best OS.

Asus Zenbook UX31 contains more ports than Samsung’one. But the model which has optical disc drive gets the more advantage than other one and this can be a great feature for certain users.

The UX31 battery might last about 7 hours of usage but there is no info about Series 9. If you are looking for a backlit keyboard, then you must go for Samsung because the Zenbook UX31 lacking it.

If you are a fan of ultra slim and light with a solid aluminum build then Asus is perfect choice.

My opinion also the UX31 is by far the best-looking Ultrabook. It is designed as a circular spun-metal pattern on its dark-gray lid. Apart from this ASUS’ chiclet-style keyboard provides more glare to the device. But the display bezel is made up of cheap plastic. This is one downside I found in it. Other than this from all efforts it looks really cool and best buy.

Now I am going to compare the Samsung with the higher end Ultrabooks (Toshiba Portege Z830). Now it can give you a really real competition. I am hoping that Samsung will drop the prices of current models as they are planning to release the upgraded models very soon all over the world. If there is a upgraded models, then they will surely give a slight jump on Ultrabooks. Now if you compare the Ultrabooks and the Samsung S9, you will simply get compromises.
    Right now I am only looking into
    • Upgraded Samsung Series 9
    • Toshiba Z830 r
    • Ultrabook from HP or Sony

It is true that you should not compare the Ultrabooks with Samsung series 9 models. As the Samsung series 9 models are lacking in few aspects of utrabook. You can tally only with high end models like Macbook Air or something similar Range. I don’t want to compare the screen resolution and graphics of Samsung, as it is still running with Integrated Graphics . Macbook air has very good screen quality. If you were thinking about Ultrabook side, then Asus Zenbook UX31 and Macbook air looks very much similar. You need to decide which OS you want.