Thread: Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip with back clip and Metal button panel

Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip with back clip and Metal button panel

I had ordered a Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip and it had arrived today and I have found that it is having a flat metal button interface, I have not seen this model / version in the advertisement as well, it is also having a brushed metal clip surface and the back clip is plastic, just wanted to know if someone has an idea about this model / version??

Re: Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip with back clip and Metal button panel

I had ordered a Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip and it had arrived today and I have found that it is having a flat metal button interface, I have not seen this model / version in the advertisement as well, it is also having a brushed metal clip surface and the back clip is plastic, just wanted to know if someone has an idea about this model / version??
    Yes I am aware of the same and I will like to share that this one is the special SKU and this is sold at costco only, I am quite sure that you are having the same, isn’t it??

I have not yet heard of the same but then I will really like to have a look at the same, can you just post a picture of it, so we could have a better idea about the model / version you are talking about??

Here is it, just take a look and let me know if it is the same that you are saying that is sold at costco:

I am having exactly the same and I have not got it from the Costco, I have bought it from the "BlueProton" via Amazon:

I don’t think that the above one is actually metal I think that it just appears to be metal and might be plastic with a metal-looking coating, anyways it looks quite good.

I have checked out for the same and I think that the difference is just because of the metal-plated back of the clip all the other as re having the metallic-looking keypad, you can also check them out o the Amazon or the SanDisks site.

I really like the black one and it is appearing to be quite different as well.

I am having the purple one and I just wanted to share that the keypad really fells to be metallic and I think that so because it is having a better groove than the version of the plastic, it is possible that it might be just metallic paint but then it gives a feel of metallic, the other thing that I wanted to share is that it is having a plastic piece with additional metal strip stuck on the outside section, the metallic thing has made the press more stiffer as compared to that of the plastic.

I think that I can clear others doubt as I have recently bought the one from Costco, so here is what I have found:
    • Back clip is aluminum
    • Front panel pad is plastic but then painted with silver
    • On/off, volume, select button etc is having vacuum deposited metal and not actually painted
    • The buttons here are shiner as compared to that of the original ones