Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-01-2012

Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip with back clip and Metal button panel

I had ordered a Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip and it had arrived today and I have found that it is having a flat metal button interface, I have not seen this model / version in the advertisement as well, it is also having a brushed metal clip surface and the back clip is plastic, just wanted to know if someone has an idea about this model / version??
Old 27-01-2012

Re: Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip with back clip and Metal button panel

Quote:
I had ordered a Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip and it had arrived today and I have found that it is having a flat metal button interface, I have not seen this model / version in the advertisement as well, it is also having a brushed metal clip surface and the back clip is plastic, just wanted to know if someone has an idea about this model / version??
Yes I am aware of the same and I will like to share that this one is the special SKU and this is sold at costco only, I am quite sure that you are having the same, isn?t it??
Old 27-01-2012

I have not yet heard of the same but then I will really like to have a look at the same, can you just post a picture of it, so we could have a better idea about the model / version you are talking about??
Old 27-01-2012

Here is it, just take a look and let me know if it is the same that you are saying that is sold at costco:
Old 27-01-2012

I am having exactly the same and I have not got it from the Costco, I have bought it from the "BlueProton" via Amazon:
Old 27-01-2012

I don?t think that the above one is actually metal I think that it just appears to be metal and might be plastic with a metal-looking coating, anyways it looks quite good.
Old 27-01-2012

I have checked out for the same and I think that the difference is just because of the metal-plated back of the clip all the other as re having the metallic-looking keypad, you can also check them out o the Amazon or the SanDisks site.

I really like the black one and it is appearing to be quite different as well.
Old 27-01-2012

I am having the purple one and I just wanted to share that the keypad really fells to be metallic and I think that so because it is having a better groove than the version of the plastic, it is possible that it might be just metallic paint but then it gives a feel of metallic, the other thing that I wanted to share is that it is having a plastic piece with additional metal strip stuck on the outside section, the metallic thing has made the press more stiffer as compared to that of the plastic.
Old 27-01-2012

I think that I can clear others doubt as I have recently bought the one from Costco, so here is what I have found:
  • Back clip is aluminum
  • Front panel pad is plastic but then painted with silver
  • On/off, volume, select button etc is having vacuum deposited metal and not actually painted
  • The buttons here are shiner as compared to that of the original ones

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,