Thread: Can we optimize Album art format for Sansa Clip Zip

Can we optimize Album art format for Sansa Clip Zip

I have recently bought a Sansa Clip Zip and I am willing to optimize Album art format for it, so I wanted to know if we can do that or not, I also wanted to know that which is the best format/resolution that I can get on the screen, I have checked out for the same and I have found that it can be 96x96 or we can also use raw format, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it??

Re: Can we optimize Album art format for Sansa Clip Zip

I have recently bought a Sansa Clip Zip and I am willing to optimize Album art format for it, so I wanted to know if we can do that or not, I also wanted to know that which is the best format/resolution that I can get on the screen, I have checked out for the same and I have found that it can be 96x96 or we can also use raw format, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it??
    I don’t think that there is a way to optimize the Album art format and on the other hand it is also limited to 100KB and as far as the resolution is concerned you can use anything like 96 x 96 up to 500 x 500, I think that 200 x 200 is more than enough but then you can change it accordingly, I don’t think that the raw format will work but you can just use a plain 'ol .jpg format, the other thing that I wanted to share is that you can also embed the image in each of the file's ID3 tags if you want but the file should be 100kb or less. Hope that helps.

I have already tried out the 96x96 in jpg and had also saved the same with quality 100 using Gimp but then it was not appearing satisfying, just wanted to know if anyone has a precise information regarding the optimal resolution while using embedded or folder.jpg, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that the best thing is to use Google Images, here you just have to enter the Artist's name and Album title and then you will get a no of images but then make sure that you are getting 300 x 300 pixels or less, after getting it just save the image and then Navigate to the album folder and then rename the image as album art.jpg or folder.jpg and then save the same. I have done the same and I really like it. If you want then you all can try out the same.