Thread: Intel Wifi Card settings missing in Samsung NP700Z5A-S04US Chronos Notebook

Intel Wifi Card settings missing in Samsung NP700Z5A-S04US Chronos Notebook

AS far as I know the Samsung NP700Z5A-S04US Chronos netbook came with a Broadcom Wifi + Bluetooth card. I thought it would ship with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 card. This network card features a dual band, a/b/g/n, WIDI, and Bluetooth capable. I installed it after buying it separately and installed the driver which I found in Intel site. There were 2 driver actually, one for Bluetooth and another one for Wifi. After installing these drivers I found that the wifi works fine but the Bluetooth cannot recognize the Bluetooth Radio. Bluetooth controls were missing under Samsung Easy Settings software. Is there any reason? I love this card and need to get it work.

re: Intel Wifi Card settings missing in Samsung NP700Z5A-S04US Chronos Notebook

As far as I know that this Samsung Chronos netbook is varies in model and specifications depending on the countries. Recently I have noticed that the Samsung have posted the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 card's driver on the Canadian based website for Canadian series 7 model. You may try that driver.

I don’t think that you will find the Bluetooth settings inside the wifi settings software. As far as I know that the Bluetooth only works with inbuilt software or windows OS version you are using. I am not using the dual band network, so I don’t know anything more about that. Also check that whether the strength of the Bluetooth signal is enough for connecting to the Bluetooth Radio. If the signal does not seem to be proper then go into advanced properties of network card in device manager and select auto for the maximum bandwidth.

The Official website says that there is only one Intel Centrino 6230 card. However if you are thinking about getting firmware or what we call driver then they are slightly different in codes for different PC manufacturers. There reason behind this due to the FCC requirements for SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) measurements, along with interference measurements. It is made also for the specific antenna system in that wireless cards for a specific model notebook.

It seems to me that you have replaced the Broadcom adapter with Intel 6230 after you bought it. So I may assume that where it got failed. First of all make sure that you need to uninstall the Broadcom drivers. As you already told that there are two sets of driver, one for wifi and other one for Bluetooth. You need to uninstall both of them. After that reboot the system and install Intel Drivers. Now it should be working fine. If there is still old drivers present in your system and then it could lead to conflict.

I know that the Broadcom had Bluetooth and Wifi, but no Widi . This is the main reason where users want to swap in Intel 6230. The Intel tells that drivers used by this card are Intel PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7 64-Bit. Make sure that you haven’t installed the 32bit one.