Thread: Which Nokia phones are compatible to WhatsApp?

Which Nokia phones are compatible to WhatsApp?

Hello friends I am a great fan of Nokia mobiles and right now I am planning to by a new Nokia Phone but as I know there are many Nokia Phones which are not having support of WhatsApp. So I would like to know which is a good Nokia phone to go for and also would like to know if that phone has a support of WhatsApp. If any Phone which do not support WhatsApp please do not tell me to go for that phone.

Re: Which Nokia phones are compatible to WhatsApp?

Hello Buddy, let me tell you that all Nokia S60 series mobile phones are compatible with WhatsApp and also some of the S40 Series do support WhatsApp application. Would like to give you some models of S40 Series which do support WhatsApp.
    • Nokia Asha 201
    • Nokia Asha 300
    • Nokia Asha 303
    • Nokia C3-00
    • Nokia C3-01
    • Nokia X2-00
    • Nokia X2-01
    • Nokia X3-02
    These are some of the models in Nokia S40 Series which has support of WhatsApp. I don’t know if any other models do support WhatsApp. Hope this can help you out.

Yes the above user gave you the proper information about the WhatsApp application which is supported by Nokia S40 Series Phones. But I would like to add some more information which can be more than helpful to you as there are some mobile providers in different countries for Nokia S40 Series. Here is the list which I know.

Mexico: C3-00 devices on Telcel
    Portugal: Vodafone
    Brazil: VIVO
    Argentina: Claro
    India: Idea, Vodafone, Tata Docomo, sometimes Airtel, and maybe some others too.
    So I would recommend you to go for any Nokia S60 series phone that would be much better for you.

WhatsApp Inc. has announced on its official blog, posting a beta version of its messaging application compatible with S40 platform. This application can be downloaded by visiting program at the following address, from the S40 browser such equipment: http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/
    As of now WhatsApp is available for Nokia C3-00 and X2-01, but WhatsApp developers have said that they would be adding some more Nokia S40 phones which would be having WhatsApp application in it. In fact requested to send an email to support team-S40 to any user experiencing WhatsApp Messenger problems on the Nokia S40. They also indicate that they can be contacted from the same app under Options-About-Contact. Finally, remember that this product is still in beta and therefore has limited functionality in terms of media or group chat. Finally, WhatsApp Inc. expresses its intention to continue developing and improving its products.

The technology has the natural requirement to seek to connect (as promised by the Nokia slogan "Connecting People") and this has been understood very well the people of WhatsApp. Years ago, when the birth was only possible to send SMS between users of the same operator or between teams from the same brand, but then these protocols were opened and long dominated our preference when communicating. Then came the chat but this is only effective when our friends are in our same networks (MSN, Gtalk, Ovi).

How can we combine the speed of a chat with the simplicity of an SMS? Simple: for users using S40 Series you can use QWERTY keyboard (the Nokia C3 and Nokia X2-01). The interesting thing is that WhatsApp is very simple to use: no need to create accounts or 'log in' in some service. Only need to communicate both users has installed the application and has their phone numbers saved in the contacts list. To download the application, which is free-enters the store Ovi if you have any of these models and recommend it to all your friends. The developer’s promise that in the coming months will be adding more models S40. This is a test version (beta) so there may be minor errors or bugs that should be resolved gradually. If you want to support with your comments, the best way is going into Options> About> Contact Customer Service.

Hello I have a Nokia C3 but WhatsApp for this Nokia is very simple, you can only send messages, but if you can get good pictures to send to your friends of even things like music, notes and photos, but those who have the Nokia C3. I would like someone to tell me if any new version that has come out where you can send pictures and videos that this something more updated than and not as simple as that, would appreciate someone to tell me.

I would recommend you to go for Nokia E5 which would be a great phone to use and also it has WhatsApp which you required. I would like to give you a small review kind of thing as I have used this phone for more than a month now. And also tell you some more things about this phone.
    GOOD
    - Among his best qualities is its 5 megapixel camera that takes pictures of excellent quality, and its focus LED flash does improve the appreciation of the images in low light, unlike other phones.
    - A comparison with other Smartphone’s, this model is more aesthetic: it has edges and metallic finishes that make it elegant and slightly bulky.
    - It has the advantage of being very portable: it is everywhere and does not clog. Nor is there much, as other models.
    - I saw that is lightweight but also tough, because his case is metal, which helps protect against falls and strong impact.
    - Another of its qualities is its LCD screen, which has a size "appropriate" (neither too big nor too small), enough to display calls, e-mails and images.
    - The QWERTY keyboard makes typing, because despite the fashion for touch screens, for me it is always more effective a physical keyboard.
    - Although not always effective (for the reception given exact directions), the function Ovi Maps is a plus, because free offers maps and GPS locator.
    - The curious feature that caught my attention was that the flash can be a small lamp to illuminate in time of emergency in the dark small (getting your keys, a figure in the car, etc.).
    - I have been very useful additional features, such as units and currency converter.
    - Unlike other phones, it provides message notifications in social networks and emails, which I loved

BAD
    - I suspect your Symbian S60 will soon be obsolete (for what that very soon, Nokia have Microsoft operating system), which makes me feel that maybe that affects compatibility with next-generation equipment brand.
    - The synchronization of email accounts I found difficult when there is not a 3G network.

Would say you should for any Nokia Asha phone.

Asha 200

Asha 200 has a full QWERTY keyboard, even when other Nokia phones like the Nokia E6 or Nokia C3. Asha 200 is a dual-SIM mobile phone, where two SIM cards by the so-called "easy swap" technology without turning off the smart phones to be activated. The small 64 MB internal memory can be extended via an optional microSD card have blown up to 32 GB. Features such as camera, GPS, UMTS or WLAN have been omitted.

Asha 201

Asha 201 with a bit more functionality than Asha 200. Thus, it provides at least a 2-megapixel camera. According to Nokia, a powerful speaker built, also has an FM radio on board. The 201 supports push e-mail and the known messenger WhatsApp.

Asha 300

Asha 300 is the only phone in this model without the QWERTY keyboard, but just a normal mobile phone keypad. To operate the 300 has in addition to the mobile phone keypad, a touch screen, resistive but with outdated technology. The Smartphone is powered by a 1GHz processor. Also on board: 5-megapixel camera, music player, FM radio, Bluetooth and HSDPA. However, lacks Wi-Fi. The popular game "Angry Birds" is pre-installed. The 140 MB of internal memory can be expanded by up to 32 GB via microSD card.

Asha 303

The best-equipped cell phone from this series is the Asha 303. The Smartphone you do not operate only on the QWERTY keyboard, but also on the 2.6-inch touchscreen. The Internet is via WLAN and UMTS with HSDPA. For the drive to Asha 303 provides a 1-GHz processor. Photo snaps the camera with 3.2 megapixel resolution. The cloud-based Nokia browser, you will also find the Asha 300 to compress web content by up to 90 percent and allow for faster loading times and lower costs for Internet surfing.

Nokia 603 - Its dimensions are 113.5 x 57.1 x 12.7 mm, with a containment volume equal to 74.4 cc and a weight of just under 110 grams. And 'therefore a compact phone, a little' more often than his cousin C7-00, but the volume is very similar. Inside the side pocket of my jeans are not tight and does not bother even when sitting.

The device comes with rounded, with a little liene recalling 'the form factor of the Nokia X7, because of the diagonally cut corners and beveled edges. Touch is solid, if not for the battery cover to cover, in my opinion, gives the idea of being unstable in non-rigid plastic, also the first time, you do a little 'effort to frame her well in her home .

The side buttons are a bit 'hard to press, especially that of the camera, sometimes you need to press with some force to get the application for the opening, but are well aligned with the body and have no game in their respective mounting seats. As for the other keys, that of block\release of the display is ok. And 'in the location where the user expects it to be, also, in my opinion, is more comfortable than in many of the classic lever device Nokia touch his predecessors, as it gives less problems of wear or breakage! The other 3 buttons on the front, those below the display are beautiful to the eye, are much curved glass effect when viewed in profile, and are also comfortable to the touch.

I would suggest you to go for Nokia Asha 302 as it has in-build WhatsApp and many more application. Just check the below content you will come to know what all application whould you get with WhatsApp.

At this level, we have been quite surprised to see in the Nokia Store (the app store), a host of titles that we were not expecting. Train Info SNCB, CNN official Nokia App, a free QR Code reader, eBuddy (MSN for example), PhotoBucket, WhatsApp, Twitter, Foursquare, Opera Mini and Nokia Browser (the little browser that compresses Free Nokia web pages for faster display), F1 Live, and Nokia Nearby Wikipedia (which via the phone's GPS tells you interesting places around you, from restaurants to buildings via public transportation). These applications are Java: they are less crisp than many apps Android, iPhone and Windows Phone, but we have seemed less overwhelmed that they seem a priori. In short, this is certainly not a phone limited when it comes to wanting to do more than send text messages and call his friends. You will fill most of the usual needs, from Facebook to instant messaging, just like a BlackBerry, but much cheaper.

In terms of multimedia, the equipment is more summary than a Smartphone. Starting with the micro-SD card. The 256 MB internal memory will soon be completed. It will then buy a card of 16 or 32 GB to be comfortable with his music, photos and videos. The sensor of 3.2 megapixels is doing relatively well. We are far from able to dispense with a compact, especially on vacation, but the photos are quite successful overall. A screen (with 320 by 240 pixels resolution), almost always. When sent via email or via Bluetooth to a computer, we see that the sensor is a little weak in the details, but is doing quite well overall, rather better than expected on the outside in If good light. The media player (audio / video) is basic, not very aesthetic, but the sound is pretty good, especially if you plug a headset evolved over the phone. Finally, for the video, again, the results are VGA, so just good for Facebook, not enough to disseminate his vacation videos on a HD screen. FM radio RDS audio equipment ends, rather full.