Thread: Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A Touchpad is not working properly.

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A Touchpad is not working properly.

In my Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A that I bought recently and I am facing problem with my touch pad the touchpad is not working properly also the Touchpad won’t work while I am typing. I am using mouse from many days because of this touch pad problem. I have even checked the control panel setting but I don’t find anything, also my cursor keeps jumping repeatedly. I guess it is hardware problem. if anyone is facing same problem or anyone have solution to fix this then let me know, thanks.

Re: Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A Touchpad is not working properly.

I guess no one else is having this problem in Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A except you. I don’t think it hardware issue, I think that you might have installed something wrong and that might messed up all the thing in your laptop or I guess you might have changed the setting buy mistake but I don’t know which, since this is my first time and I have never heard anything like this before.

This is Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A branded laptop which has come 10 days before directly from the box. And I dint installed anything wrong installed anything wrong that might affect my laptop. I have even done many researched about this problem on Google but I did not find any solution, also I find that there are many simple way to solve this problems in many laptop but I don’t find way to do same in Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A laptop.

yep, had same problem and my left half of pad is inactive, also my left palm causes to touch to the touchpad randomly, so I tried to find the touchpad palm tracking and sensitivity but it is not available.

In most of the laptop there is palm check option on, so these palm checks disable your touchpad when you touch the touchpad while typing, because the courser moves if your thumb accidently touch the touch pad.

Had same problem while playing games in my Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A laptop, I am unable to drag the cursor while I am typing, I have 10.0.7.3 driver installed in my laptop and when I saw the control panel setting I don’t find any setting to disable this setting. Even if it available I think Samsung has done the best job to hide because I have searched all over my control panel setting but still I don’t find it. So if anyone knows where I can find these drivers then please let me know?

I have checked all the setting of my Samsung laptop and after doing all this research I find this correct entry to change. You have change the entry of this entry that is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Elantech\OtherSetting\DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Mov e I set this o and then I did it reboot, now I can successfully hold key and continue using touchpad. Before knowing about this setting I thought that doing register entry disable will solve my problem but it don’t do.

You have correct solution even I have done this many time when I have this same problem. to do advance setting You just need to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Elantech\UIFunctionOption and change and change the value from UI-theme to 0 or 1 and buy doing this you will get the option to three figure tapping.

I just want to ask you that can I do these UI-theme changes with my 10.0.7.3 driver of touchpad that I have installed in my Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A laptop or this works with just 10.7.5.0 driver.

But there is no UI_theme there for 10.0.7.3 in Samsung laptop, these drivers are old and to do UI_theme setting you have to upgrade your driver. In my Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5A laptop I have upgrade the touchpad drivers from 10.0.7.3 to 10.7.5.0 and now I can do UI_theme setting.

I had the same prob. I found I turned it off some how. You have to hold down the shift key and hit one of the F keys. I forget which F key it is but I think it's F5 or 6. When you hit the right one it will say on the screen track pad on/off

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    I have checked all the setting of my Samsung laptop and after doing all this research I find this correct entry to change. You have change the entry of this entry that is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Elantech\OtherSetting\DisableWhenType_DelayTime_Mov e I set this o and then I did it reboot, now I can successfully hold key and continue using touchpad. Before knowing about this setting I thought that doing register entry disable will solve my problem but it don’t do.
    I have tried what you have done, and i couldnt find the Disablewhentype_delaytime_move under /othersetting but under /smartpad, but even when I changed the values like you did, but It still hasnt changed anything. Whenever I hold a button like "w" i can still not move my cursor but other times I can, which is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by polesp View Post
    I have tried what you have done, and i couldnt find the Disablewhentype_delaytime_move under /othersetting but under /smartpad, but even when I changed the values like you did, but It still hasnt changed anything. Whenever I hold a button like "w" i can still not move my cursor but other times I can, which is weird.
    Can you try to change the TouchPadRejection_Display value from 255 to 1 at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech\SmartPadDisplay. Then start ETDAniConf.exe and On the Additional tab, disable rejection and see if that works for you now or not.