Thread: Unable to get ICS update on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201

Unable to get ICS update on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201

Hi guys

I am trying to get the answer to this for week now but not able to find the answer . when I heard the ics was made available on this TF201 but for some reason I am not able to get one even though I am connect to the internet . can anyone here help me on this I would be very much appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to get ICS update on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201

Check this out go to the

• Setting
    • About
    • Status

Over there do you see the serial number as the most of the user having this issue on getting the update do not able see the serial number

I have checked mine many time and it still says serial number still says unknown and there are no updates. , so any thoughts is welcome here and I am planning to contact the Asus support . It's good to know I'm not the alone with the issue of not receiving update , however in any case it's the only issue I am having. The tablet is working just fine in all other aspect . The camera require it's update, it's a little unclear while I make use of skype and it locks up, fortunately I don't make use of Skype that much. I consider the new software would look out of that, however I think will have to wait stay and learn how to do updates manually.

It look as if that the problem has been narrowed down. If a factory reset did not assist at all with the serial number problem and the Tablet with no serial number appear on the status screen do not have updates, it might look as if seem that is the issue . however the only stuff I can say if all these stuff are real it would seem the system require to be swapped out and returned.

The only another alternative is to wait a bit longer to see if ASUS get us a patch that could be actually installed to slove the issue .

I complained about this to the Asus customer care and they asked me to keep the on the service center without the replacement and BestBuy where I bought the tablet from said . BestBuy has a 14 day return policy on tablets but I m 21 day passed so they will not be able to assist me. So outcome is a device that I have had for less than a month will need to be give in to service for unknown time , to repair something that could probably be corrected by a firmware patch.