Thread: Unable to load games and perform software update in samsung series 7 Chronos

Unable to load games and perform software update in samsung series 7 Chronos

Just bought a new Samsung series 7 chronos, looks great and fantastic. But anyways I am facing some serious issues with it, but I feel that they are the basic ones which I guess most of the people face during their initial day of new laptop purchase. But I don’t want this problem to be existing in my system anymore. Let me explain you the problems:

• The first one is with the graphics as I said the most common one. Whenever I try to load any primary basic low level game (Worms 2 on Steam), the loading shows up on the screen but later on after 2 to 3 min my laptop crashes leaving no option available for me other than force shut down and restart. Completely clueless with this issue so no further comments.

• Now the second one is with the software updates. Now here the software update shows me that there are BIOS updates available, but still I am unable to get the complete information because after showing up the error message and it fails without the explanation. Now I came to know that I will have to disable my BIOS password in order to load the update, but I never kept any BIOS password.

I really hope that I will be getting some of the best solution to sort out these two problem so that I can smoothly carry on my work with this laptop.

Re: Unable to load games and perform software update in samsung series 7 Chronos

Is it happening with just some specified game or the issue is same with all the games? I would rather suggest you to either try to play some more games and see whether those games too create the same problem or else they work smoothly. Is there is no such issue with the other games then make sure that your graphic card is compatible to run those games which are creating the problem. Also I would suggest you to check out your graphic card, by the way your graphic card is of which brand?

Re: Unable to load games and perform software update in samsung series 7 Chronos

Had the same problem with the graphics, the issue was the same and exact what you had. I would suggest you to assign the ATI card to Worms.

I don’t know how but co-incidentally my worms issue was likely to be resolved itself. I am not sure but I guess rather than giving just a Worms client giving Steam AMD access make things run and work perfectly. May be this solution too works in your laptop. Better try out both the suggestions and let know the result.

There may be several other people who might be thinking to purchase this Samsung series 7 chronos even after reading the issues and problems mentioned over here in this thread. For your kind information, these two problems may be limited in the laptop of the guy who have mentioned in this thread. But if you want to hear more then you can read out this post, even I bought the same series 7 chronos laptop 1 week ago, now just look at the number of problem I have faced.

• The Display: this has been the most reported issue in this model. Lot of people have been criticizing the screen for its resolution and other things. I think it has got the work screen quality ever introduced by Samsung in this model.
    • WiFi connection: the second most listed issue in this model. Some are facing the problem with the signal or some people are encountering slow downloading and uploading speed. In my case I have all wifi related issues.

My friend for your kind information let me tell you that the Display issue which you are talking about is actually not an issue. It’s the actual and normal screen quality resolution which only few people are not liking such as you. I am really enjoying the high quality premium screen, but not all people can like it, depends upon their choice. But anyways, for me this is the clearest and the sharpest display I have ever came across. For me it’s not at a problem and also never going to be a problem. I think people should check out the screen quality of this laptop and then go on to decide whether to buy this model or not instead of complaining after buying it.

No matter whether the screen quality is taken as an issue or not but definitely WiFi connections is the top listed problem reported by almost all the Samsung series 7 users especially the series 9 users. Everybody is facing the same issue of connection drop out. The connection gets suddenly disconnects while accessing it.

But I have not yet face any such issue till now. In fact I am getting an outstanding clear and smooth signal even after connecting the same router. My download speed on speedchecker.net is 14.5 mbps which I feel is quite better than what other people are getting.

So I think I can help you out in some of the other way regarding your issues. I have got bit information on worms and your laptop. First of all I would like to tell you that this could be the same issue as OpenGL issue which most of the customers has been complaining, and for your kind information this issue is caused because of just one reason but unfortunately the major one. It seems like the Samsung will come up with that one reason along with the appropriate solution.

I find it too funny that such basic games like Worms and Minecraft have became capable of crashing the whole system or running too slowly where as the other high level game like Fallout: New Vegas, I can play them on ULTRA settings at like 30-40 fps which results in using OpenGL.

Hope someone come up with at least the BIOS update issue, as said earlier just wanted to remove the BIOS password. So anyone if have least to least information can share and give their ideas regarding the issue.

How can there be a BIOS password available that too without your knowledge, as far as I know BIOS should not have any password protection unless and until the user itself have set it. I never set password for BIOS because I already have lots of apps and accounts where I have set the things with pass word, keeping password for BIOS is too risky as if co-incidentally if we forgot the password the definitely we too will have to suffer like you. I guess you must have set the password somehow without your own knowledge and now you are suffering. Try to remember or also you can try out some trial and error tricks. Or else try to use the key combinations and get it.

For your BIOS recovery I think it’s quite impossible to get any solution. But I will suggest you a trick just try it out.
    The first thing you need to do is to enter the BIOS screen and then press F12 at the BIOS screen and then try to get into the BIOS screen without entering the password.

There may be other reasons for the cause of the issues being created on the BIOS updates; one of them could be your windows running without the full administration rights. Due to which UAC restricts the changes made in windows in order to reduce the mess up. This is good but some time not for the user especially like you who are willing to make changes.