Thread: Can i have Samsung's 512GB SSD 830 Series on Samsung Series 7 Chronos?

Can i have Samsung's 512GB SSD 830 Series on Samsung Series 7 Chronos?

Hello friends, I have got the Samsung Series 7 Chronos and also the Samsung's 512GB SSD 830 Series., i wanted to know that it is been possible to have add any normal SSD to the laptop, i have heard that SSD which is been there is thinner and way faster as compare to older model. Whereas i do not understand anything about SATA III. So i wanted to know that will i be able to have 512GB SSD 830 Series to the laptop. I wanted to remove HDD and replace it with SSD that i can use computer faster. So please tell me about it, thank you.

Re: Can i have Samsung's 512GB SSD 830 Series on Samsung Series 7 Chronos?

The Samsung's 512GB SSD 830 Series is of 2.5 inch in thickness and also most of the laptop are having the drives of 2.5 inch, so it might be not the problem for you. It will be properly fitted and also work. Even the replacing method is not at all tough or difficult to do it, when opening the case is one of the hardest thing which you will be finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    The Samsung's 512GB SSD 830 Series is of 2.5 inch in thickness and also most of the laptop are having the drives of 2.5 inch, so it might be not the problem for you. It will be properly fitted and also work. Even the replacing method is not at all tough or difficult to do it, when opening the case is one of the hardest thing which you will be finding it.
    If i send my laptop and also the SSD to any of the computer engineer, will they be able to do it and also they can insert it properly onto laptop, i do not wanted to take risk in doing this, so what you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabhoj View Post
    If i send my laptop and also the SSD to any of the computer engineer, will they be able to do it and also they can insert it properly onto laptop, i do not wanted to take risk in doing this, so what you think about it?
    If you give to any of engineer at your area then he will be able to do it proper and you do not have to worry about it, if you arenot good with the hardware of the computer then you should give to any geeky person he will be able to do it and that also properly.