Thread: Can i change the HDD to SSD of Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Can i change the HDD to SSD of Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Hello friends, i wanted to know that can i change the hard drive 750GB of my Series 7 Chronos to solid state drive? Did anyone has try to do it? Is there a slot of SSD in the laptop? I feel that if i installed SSD in it then it will be very much great thing to happen. Also wanted to know about the Express Cache? Please help me with information about it. Thank you.

Re: Can i change the HDD to SSD of Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Express cache is something which provide you for fast booting. It is like a case sticker correctly state, where windows desktop is been appear after 19 seconds. If you are trying to do it then you will be able to do it from 8 GB SSD from SanDisk (iSSD P4).

Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaar View Post
    Express cache is something which provide you for fast booting. It is like a case sticker correctly state, where windows desktop is been appear after 19 seconds. If you are trying to do it then you will be able to do it from 8 GB SSD from SanDisk (iSSD P4).
    What you have said is not proper, Expresscache SSD it help you to speed program and also to boot the system with with any which is been added to the Expresscache SSD. So if you are trying ot install the SSD then whatever you try to install in SSD then you will be able to install faster. If you wanted in simple language then expresscache helps speed up few essential things which you can use it, but not all. Expresscache is another user which wish to have faster speed of HDD, but do not want to pay for SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by pleas*ing View Post
    Hello friends, i wanted to know that can i change the hard drive 750GB of my Series 7 Chronos to solid state drive? Did anyone has try to do it? Is there a slot of SSD in the laptop? I feel that if i installed SSD in it then it will be very much great thing to happen. Also wanted to know about the Express Cache? Please help me with information about it. Thank you.
    You can do the change of the HDD to SS, you might be required to change some of basic hardware, but you might not be getting the 7mm and 9.5mm versions for these devicesm you are using 750 GB which might be of 9.5mm in thickness.

I have changed HDD to SSD for my samsung laptop, but the bios was not able to recognize the SSD drive. When i have tried to change in the older one then it used to work great and also proper, i was using Lenovo laptop. Not knowing what i have done, is there something which is need to work it?

Quote Originally Posted by oJAsVI View Post
    I have changed HDD to SSD for my samsung laptop, but the bios was not able to recognize the SSD drive. When i have tried to change in the older one then it used to work great and also proper, i was using Lenovo laptop. Not knowing what i have done, is there something which is need to work it?
    You might not have connected properly, and also check the port, are they properly connect, it might be some loose connection which is not recognizing the SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraAce View Post
    You might not have connected properly, and also check the port, are they properly connect, it might be some loose connection which is not recognizing the SSD.
    I have done re-connecting the drive, but then also it was not able to find it. I am using the IBM SSD, earlier i was using in lenov then it was working in that, so thought to do swap to samsung, so once the bios have seen that it will boot with Windows 7 which i was using in Lenovo. I have tried to load new OS on it then also it has not worked for me. So what should i try that it will be recognized by Bios?

Quote Originally Posted by oJAsVI View Post
    I have done re-connecting the drive, but then also it was not able to find it. I am using the IBM SSD, earlier i was using in lenov then it was working in that, so thought to do swap to samsung, so once the bios have seen that it will boot with Windows 7 which i was using in Lenovo. I have tried to load new OS on it then also it has not worked for me. So what should i try that it will be recognized by Bios?
    I was also using the IBM part in Lenovo laptop, with the Intel 320 series 160GB SSD, so i tried to move it to samsung then it has worked for me. If you are search for drives then let tell you that there is no whitelist for it. I would suggest that you try to clean the gold contacts with soft eraser and then try to connect it, see that it is been able to recognized by bios or not.