Thread: Need Hard drive caddy for Series 7 700G7A notebook

Need Hard drive caddy for Series 7 700G7A notebook

I have been using Samsung Series 7 700G7A notebook and now I am willing to buy a hard drive caddy which will fits the Series 7 perfectly because I want to replace the DVD drive with another hard drive so is there anyone who can suggest me the best one?

Re: Need Hard drive caddy for Series 7 700G7A notebook

I have been using Samsung Series 7 700G7A notebook and now I am willing to buy a hard drive caddy which will fits the Series 7 perfectly because I want to replace the DVD drive with another hard drive so is there anyone who can suggest me the best one?
    I think that you can try out the caddies for the macbook ad they will fit well with the Samsung Series 7 700G7A notebook without any issues. Just check it out and see if it is satisfying.

Hey you can try out the "Optical Bay HDD Caddy" in order to replace the DVD drive, you can just check it out on the newmodeus site, it will cost you around $42.00, it has the following features:
    • Fits fine with 2.5" SATA hard drives as well as with the SSD having 9.5mm height and so.
    • Can be used to replace SATA optical internal drives such as CD/DVD having 9.5mm height

I was going to suggest you the same, actually I have bought the same last week and it is really working well with Samsung Series 7 laptop and now I am very happy to have 1 Terabyte of storage, In my case the storage division is as followed:
    • 750 GB HDD
    • 256 GB SSD

If you want then you can do it in the same way.

Hey thanks for that but then I just wanted to know that can you provide me some guide or steps to replace the optical drive in Samsung Series 7 700G7A notebook, any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

In that case you can follow the below steps:
    • First take out the bottom cover of the computer, just the bottom cover and nothing else
    • After that removes the screws of the drive and then lift off the black object which is the speaker which will be having two antenna wires running along the side of the optical drive, so carefully just remove the screws that are behind the wires and holding the optical drive casing.
    • When you are done with this then remove the screw which will be holding the bracket to the motherboard
    • After that remove the ODD by gently sliding it away from the SATA connector and also remove the rail and bracket from the ODD casing once you are done with it then mount the Optical Bay HDD Caddy in the same position and then insert the hdd and then just reverse the process and you are done. Hope that helps.

Even I need help with the same, actually wanted to know that where can I find similar equipment and also similar specification for the ssd-caddy, actually I have checked out for the same but then I it very expensive from the states including the custom, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out??