Thread: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 will be discontinued

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 will be discontinued

Hi guys

I was just planning to buy Prime TF201 so I was looking for the spec on the web and found a article that was mention that this tablet is discontinued. I am kind of hoping this would be not being the case. can anyone here confirm this news I would be appreciate if anyone here can provide any out put on this .

Thanks in advance

Re: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 will be discontinued

Well, while I go to Bestbuy to have my TFP exchanged, she said that they couldn't change it, as the particular model Grey TF201 32GB had been no more available. After that she did an order management system check and was capable to send a new one to me. So I don't make out. It's likely. However if it is. Asus owes us the entire New TF700t. although I still believe it false that there doing this repair your products don’t make a new one 4 months later by the time that one hits ill probably just upgrade to it anyhow with the warranty i have

it seems that an Asus representative said that it is not terminate. frankly said, it’s hard to know if it’s accurate or not. Then again though, they are selling a lot. I'm not certain thought if I had a device that is faulty , I would not inform everybody that its becoming discontinued.

I am thinking that they'll complete their orders and after that discontinue production of it and try to address the problem , let a swap with the new one for those who have previously purchase it and after that get the old ones and make the insides into the new casing plus perhaps sell them for a somewhat discounted price. understandable this is just a theory, however I might eager to see this occur.

It doesn't add up for them to leave out a whole price point, having the original transformer at $400, the Prime at $500 after that the TF700 at $600. I'm making a bet this will withdraw this particular model, and change it with the Prime+ or something similar to that which is just the prime, however with the back casing from the TF700 to make the problem go away like the wifi/gps .

My second prime look as if good enough just received 2 days ago however seeing this news, what will it signify to those who have it? Is it better to return it and wait for the new one or keep it and expect Asus will still support us in addition to carry on to update the original prime's software 6 months from present I just have 1 week left to give back.

This is really very annoying , a some websites are saying they perhaps planning on stop the tf201 series in support of the new 700 series, which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t have the additional 100 in there. it barely looks right to charge an extra 100 for a fault that is totally out of the consumers hands, honestly, the latest screen isn’t that attractive to me, however if it evidently fixes the problem with the Wi-Fi, and stayed at the similar price as the tf201, then I’d go for it, the back is awful in my opinion though, unattractive and flavorless.

I believe this discussion is regarding discontinuing the TF201 is totally without basis in fact. ASUS pushed whatever they had , shipping what they have. I was able to get one from TigerDirect , plus they said there were about 400 docks receiving into stock next month . So they are making their space out there, and at the same time as they may still be trying to repair any signal problem with the present model, there's no cause to believe they are in fact discontinuing .

Does that signify retail vendors are just afraid to get them in stock? or else is Asus having problem in production? Or does Hasbro have somewhat to do with "delay" in receiving to retail vendors. . But yea, it's just too stupid for Asus to stop TF201 at the present. or else, you'll see a blast of depressing coverage, press, media.. plus other issue that Asus just simply unable deal with. Asus can't be that illogical

As I recently checked I no longer get this tablets on NewEgg either. And for those who has the link they will found it "disabled" in their system. I don't familiar with if that technique that they won't be getting a few more in, or if they've just be short of stock so long that they were disable in their catalog.