Thread: Which player to use to play .mkv files on Asus Transformer Prime

Which player to use to play .mkv files on Asus Transformer Prime

I am having the Asus Transformer Prime and I am not able to play the mkv files on this. I am just wondering is someone over here managed to play the .mkv files on Asus Transformer Prime. If yes , then please tell me that which player do you used to play this files. I was thinking to convert these files to some other format and then play that on my prime. If you are having some idea regarding this then please let me know that. I have searched a lot fro this there is no more working solution for this. If you can tell me some name of player that can be used to play the .mkv files then I will be really thankful to you.

Re: Which player to use to play .mkv files on Asus Transformer Prime

I am able to play the .mkv file in my prime. I am using the MX video player and that is running like champ. So I would like to recommend you the same and I hope that you will also find this useful. This player recently made ​​an appearance in the Market and I can say that this is a truly comprehensive video player, which has been a huge success from the start. Developed by MX Technologies called the MX VideoPlayer the best player for android ever. This is offering support to a wide range of video formats (including 3gp, avi, divx, F4V, flv, mkv, mp4, mpeg, mov, vob, wmv, and WebM xvid) with an intuitive UI.

I am also not able to play the .mkv files and I am also converting the files to other playable format. I am using convertor to convert the files and then play them with the default player. I am surprised that they have not given the default support for the .mkv file and I am really disappointed from this.

If you wish to have some option other than the MX video player then you can also go for the Dice player. Dice Player is the only media player for Android 3.x manages to portray the native 720p material smoothly. The player has many formats and codecs, MKV container next to it effortlessly plays DivX and DivX encoded files sizes up to 720p itself from external media (USB stick or SD card). An integrated file manager helps in finding and managing media files and create thumbnails of these.

Supported formats:

AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, WMV, MP4, M4V, TP, TS, MTP, M2T

Video codecs: Hardware: MPEG-4, H.264, H.263 software: MPEG-4, H.264, RMVB, XVID, Microsoft MPEG-4, VP6, H.263, MPEG-1, MPEG-2

Audio codecs: DTS, AC3, AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, MP2, WMA

The player BSPlayer recently launched its version for Android devices. This new series will feature all the usual tools and advantages of the program:
    • Playback of multimedia files.
    • screen interface and adapted to Android phones.
    • Simplification of the control bar to be intuitive and simple to use.
    • Ability to insert subtitles in movies.
    • Creation of streaming audio.
    • Preparation and customizing playlists.
    • All these features make BSPlayer in one of the best multimedia players compatible with Android.

Mizuu is one of the best applications to manage your favorite movies and TV shows. All the movie and TV show information is kept in a local database on your tablet. This is perfect for traveling because you do not need access to the Internet. You can have your entire entertainment collection with you everywhere.