Thread: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime dock keyboard is not working

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime dock keyboard is not working

Well I am having Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime. I noticed Dock Keyboard is not detected even though it is connected. Sometimes it is getting detected but it indicating 0% of battery. In very less situation it is working perfectly with all the keys are in the working condition. I am getting issue especially after turning off the device and turning on back. Can you tell me why I am facing above mentioned issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime dock keyboard is not working

I am suspecting that loose connection could be the root cause of the problem. Also you can try with redocking. Same as you keyboard is not working in some situation. But still I recommend that you can give a try o fix the issue by performing hard reset.

You should turn off the device and after that you have to press and hold the power as well as volume button together to switch on the device.
    You will get an option on screen to wipe the release button. You should not select that option by pressing volume button until and unless you wipe.

After going through the issue of yours I suggest you to charge both for couple of hours individually and see whether it is making any difference.

I tried below thing and luckily it worked for me. It could be coincidence but just try it and let me know whether it was helpful to you.
    • You should charge the Dock fully.
    • You should turn off wakeup dock sleep mode from the ASUS customized settings.
    • After that you have to connect Dock keyboard properly with the device.

It seems to be software issue associated with the problem. My friend got the latest version of firmware from the Settings/About/System Firmware Update. After installing that keyboard started to working flawlessly.