Thread: How is Nokia Transport & Nokia City Lens Beta Applications in Lumia 900

How is Nokia Transport & Nokia City Lens Beta Applications in Lumia 900

Hello friends, i have heard that there are some of the new applications which were been added on to Lumia 900, so can anyone tell some information about it and what is is mostly used for? Please tell me, and it is effective to have in the phone or not? Please give some information about it. Thank you.

Re: How is Nokia Transport & Nokia City Lens Beta Applications in Lumia 900

There are some video on the YouTube where it has told about the feature and also how does it is work, as the phone will be sold in the market, at present can't get much idea about it. So i would suggest that you go over there and you will be to get very much information about it, well both of the application are beta version, they have added to phone to check how it is working.

I have gone through the video which is been there in the YouTube and founded that the Transport application will be very much useful for the people who are new to town and also when you are traveling from different countries. Where the other application City Lens, i liked the concept which is been added in the phone. If you asked me then i would not go for the City Lens application and it might not been used by any of the user of the phone, what i think about it, I believe that it might be used by the user for Local Scout or Bing Maps. I will be using that when i at particular area and not know much of it and Nokia does know then surely get it.

I also feel that City lens application look good to use and it is very much comfortable for the person who is geeky tourist, but mostly i like the Transport application the most, it is very much useful for me. I used to travel a places a lot and always get confuse with that which path to go and which not to go, so it will be useful. So it is very much worth to use it whole time and it is great to have it the phone.

The above user have provided you with some of the information, but i wanted to add a small thing about the transport application is that, it is been supported by more than 400 cities along with 50 different languages. So if you are wishing to have the application then it will be sooner available in the Windows Phone marketplace, so you can get it from there and make use of it.

I wanted to tell that the concept which is been used for City Lens is that it's an Augmented Reality (AR) view on how to find out which place are nearby you. Well points of interests show up in camera view. If there are many POI's within the vicinity exist, then it will been seen as clusters. Click the signs to to get more information about it. It also uses the sensors of the Nokia Lumia 900's to change view modes. So when you will be holding the Lumia 900 then it will be held flat and the map will be shown up on the screen. When you will be held it upright then it viewed as list.