Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62 for Android 2.3.4

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62 for Android 2.3.4

Just now the Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i has got a latest firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62. However this update is meant for Android 2.3.4 only. The company reported that this firmware update will going to resolve several bugs like memory management, application crash and more. Anyone tried this?

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62 for Android 2.3.4

A new firmware update for Sony Ericsson Xperia family is unfolding. The firmware is still based on Android 2.3.4 and it seems that this update is intended primarily for the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa).

There is no change log actually, but it seems that this new firmware provides minor bug fixes. If you download, you just have to keep in mind that you will not be able to root for the moment with any method. The only way to avoid this is by installing the old 4.0.2.A.0.42 Stock Kernel on the phone.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62 for Android 2.3.4

Sony Ericsson plans to launch gallery vanilla and applications, so you can use the most like. Other additions include the ability to create groups in your contact list and the text scroll function is currently included in the Android 2.3 software Gingerbread.

I think that this is a final version of 2.3.4 to fix some bugs (error correction) provided by sony, However the new features are great and came worth upgrading. Upgrade also added to the root as this version works with bootloader locked or unlocked and all. Sony is betting on not allowing their users to drift with this update and for that we look forward to ice cream sandwich, which I hope that we will get this year.

Someone told that there is no changelog. I don’t think so. Here are the new features of the update
    • Quality of HD video recording at 720p with autofocus
    • Google Talk with Video Chat
    • 3D Sweep Panorama
    • Swipe
    • New animation display screen on / off
    • Batter saving is improved.
    • Decrement of memory consumption
    • Slight changes to interface as well as for a few widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeDa! View Post
    ...Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i has got a latest firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62. However this update is meant for Android 2.3.4 only...
    I've recently got a Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i with Android version 2.3.3. The phone recommend a firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62. Do you suggest not instal the update?

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    ...If you download, you just have to keep in mind that you will not be able to root for the moment with any method. The only way to avoid this is by installing the old 4.0.2.A.0.42 Stock Kernel on the phone.
    How do I instal the old 4.0.2.A.0.42 Stock Kernel?

star Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i firmware update 4.0.2.A.0.62 for Android 2.3.4

hi there, i recently updated to this new version. i can see the following changes, from android 2.3.3 (i didn't triyed the old 2.3.4 firm):

battery life increased
    swipe keyboard in landscape mode (virtual)
    hd recording quality improved
    3d picture mode available in camera scene mode
    3d panorama too

i can't say anything for the animation on turn off-on the screen. i didn't see any changes.

didn't triyed gtalk yet. didn't see icons changed.

BUT PLEASE.... PAY ATTENTION:

WITH THIS FIRMWARE, YOU CAN'T (AT LEAST FOR NOW) ROOT YOUR PHONE WITH THE "RUNME" METHOD. SO, YOU CAN'T MAKE ANY BACKUPS WITH TITANIUM RECOVERY MODE.

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW. i'm very pleased with this rom, so i don't need to root it, besides, the cyanogenmod rom available is for sk17I, and my model is sk17a...i don't know if i will loose the 3G.

THIS FIRM. IS AVAILABLE FOR LATIN AMERICAN MODELS, don't know if it works for another version of sk17.

that's all. the upgrade is recommmended,but to root, install de previous version of 2.3.4 from wotan server.

if you already installed this new one, and didn't knew of the anti-rooting permissions, you must downgrade whit wotan too.

regards from buenos aires!