Thread: Nokia Lumia 800 is not connecting to exchange server

Nokia Lumia 800 is not connecting to exchange server

I have recently bought a Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am not able to connect to our exchange server, I don’t think that there is any problem with the certificate as I have recently downloaded a SSL certificate from the old windows phone, the certificate appears to be installed but then I don’t know why I am still getting an error message saying that the certificate is not trusted, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 is not connecting to exchange server

I have recently bought a Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am not able to connect to our exchange server, I don’t think that there is any problem with the certificate as I have recently downloaded a SSL certificate from the old windows phone, the certificate appears to be installed but then I don’t know why I am still getting an error message saying that the certificate is not trusted, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I am not very sure about your case but then I have faced the same and the solution that worked for me was un-checking the "Server requires encrypted SSL connection" box, just check it out and then let me know if it is making any difference or not, just give it a try and see.

I think that you might be lucky with the solution that you have specified, I mean that I have just tried out the same but then it is really not making any difference in my case, the other thing that I wanted to share is that exchange server requires ssl authentication, so I just wanted to know that matters??

No, that should not make any difference as even the exchange server in my case requires the ssl authentication but then just unchecking the "Server requires encrypted SSL connection" box has worked out for me without any such issue, just try it again and see if it is helping if not then you should also update the firmware if you have not, just see which possible solution is working out for me.

I have tried out the same several times but then it is still not making any difference, I just wanted to share that I have actually setup a gmail account and have emailed the certificate on my phone via that account and it had also said that the certificate was installed, by now I have tried out switching to the factory default and then installing the certificate, I have tried updating the software to the latest version and then installing the certificate, no matter what I have tried but then I am still not able to access the OWA through the web browser either, it just keeps in giving me certificate error and then gets hang, even though I am using a standard Microsoft certificate and I am very sure it is the correct one as well I don’t know why it is not working for me, is there anyone who can help me out with a effective solution??.

I don’t know why you are facing such problem, I just wanted to share that even I am having 6 phones on the network having the certificate and we have not yet faced such problem, in my case I we have emailed the certificate to the phone with a hotmail account and after that I had just clicked on the attachment and then the certificate was installed successfully, I am really not having any issue in connecting to the exchange and OWA, I don’t think that there might be something wrong with the certificate and not the phone, anyways I will suggest you to try out with a different account I don’t think that this would be making difference but then you can at least give it a try.

I am not getting any error now after sending the certificate using the hotmail account but then I just wanted to know that why would it matter, I mean what difference it might be making if I am using a gmail account or hotmail account?? Is there anyone who has an answer for this?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.