Thread: Skype Video not working on Lenovo Ideapad A1

Skype Video not working on Lenovo Ideapad A1

Hello friends, i am having the Lenovo Ideapad A1 and it is having all the specification which is been need to have for the Skype and all requirement are need then it is having minimum, then also not able to view any of the video on it. So what is the problem and what should i do to make it work. So please help me about it. Thank you.

Re: Skype Video not working on Lenovo Ideapad A1

I have heard from the Lenovo that Ideapad A1 will be able to work with Skype 3.5, so if you are trying some higher version then it will not work for it. It is not happening, the skype video are not been working on the Lenovo Ideapad A1 and it is been checked that it is been supported for it then also it is not able to play video. I think that Skype should work on it.

I think that video calling might have not enabled it, so you better do it. I think that due to the Android Tablets with Android 3.x Honeycomb it might be look something else as there are some missing the hardware menu buttons. Well on the down of the left corner of the screen, you will be able to see the standard Android Honeycomb controls such as the Back, Home, Switch app, and Menu. So i would suggest that you better press the menu key and then you might be able to get overlaid menu at the bottom-center of the skype screen. Now tap on Settings, you will get the settings menu for Skype, then you scroll down and find video settings, and once you have got then enable video calling.

If then also it did not worked then i would suggest that you clean the skype data from the Tablet, go to Setting, then in that go to application and then to Skype, tap on it and tap on Clear Data. Once you have done it then re-start your device and try video calling again.

I have cleaned the cache/application data wehn i have done installation of Skype 2.6.x and video chatting / file sending will work afterwards. Where as Skype is slow in running after doing 1-2 test calls it finally started to work. But the issue is that i am getting video upside down, the video from the PC is not bugged. Skype video calls work but other end will get my video upside down, is there something to solve it? The developer should add a option to "flip" the video as a kind of "mirror" function, which might solve the problem.