Thread: Getting electrostatic noise in Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

Getting electrostatic noise in Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

I have bought the Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro recently and its function are very good! One thing I have noticed that it makes electrostatic noise not only while it is active but only also when I am not doing anything and phone is kept steady! I can also record this noise while recording a video! Why am I getting this noise always? While I have sent my phone to service center, you can check your mobile by starting a camera and taking it closer to your ear!

Re: Getting electrostatic noise in Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

I have read few threads related to this incident. First user was complaining that he had received replacement mobile with code “11w31”. This code shows the year and week of year of the mobile manufacturing! This code says 31st week of year 2011!Even after the replacement he was getting the insect like electrostatic noise! It has also been reported that lots of mini pro mobiles have been sent to Sony Ericsson for replacing for the same reason!

In another incident the user had gone to buy the xperia mini pro but retailer told him that there are no mini pro mobiles available because Sony Ericsson has called all mini pro phones back to company due to some hardware fault! There are no phones available now!

I am a Sony Ericsson xperia mini user and know this issue! When I asked to nearer Sony Ericsson retailer he told me that they are still investigating and understanding the reason behind this problem. He said that ,this a phone’s fault and cannot be cured by updating or servicing as this is the problem with all the xperia mini pro phone released in year 2011!

Guys the new update is available for mini pro phone which says that it reduces the noise while recording the video! Yes this is the hardware maintenance update provided by the Sony Ericsson that is 4.0.2.A.x.x! This update is also implemented on the devices that were taken back from market! So now it has decreased the level of sound that was coming earlier! To remove the entire sound problem they will have to change the entire hardware till then you can use the latest update to reduce the noise to the level that is not irritating.

I had submitted the phone to service center and it was there for more than 3 months! The reason they had told me first was that this sound was caused by the turning of the secondary microphone into too sensitive state and can be heard in the silent environment only! They said it was software related and updating a phone to latest update 4.0.2.A.x.x will decrease the noise! i had not received the phone still because they were working on the case but later they called me and said that they are changing the motherboard !i received the phone few days back with new motherboard installed in it! It is having the code “11w41” on my motherboard! Now there is really low sound that you can barely even hear in silent place! Hope they had done this before then we would not have suffered from this problem!

Well till now I haven’t noticed this noise but after trying the above mentioned test of video recording I have started to hear the same insect like noise and now I know that it is really annoying to me! i was recording the video in my closed room and when I brought the phone closer to my ears I could hear little noise from front speaker! I even checked the code you were saying behind my phone battery on motherboard and it says “11w28” which means it is also among the faulty phones that had come in year 2011! I have submitted the phone to the service center now and it will take at least 1 month to repair!