Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i crashes randomly due to bug in memory management

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i crashes randomly due to bug in memory management

Just purchased a new Xperia mini pro (SK17i, Android 2.3.4) last week. Yesterday I tried to set the Google account. The setup procedure started but then the phone crashed/rebooted the phone twice. The setup wasn’t completed. For that reason I updated the firmware to v4.0.2.A.0.58. But it doesn’t solve the problem. Now I am irregularly experiencing the same issue. I have heard that new firmware update is supposed to fix memory management issues. But I don’t know why I am still getting the issue. Is there any new firmware upgrade to fix the problem?

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i crashes randomly due to bug in memory management

It seems to me that the application which you have installed on your phone is not compatible with the phone or the firmware which it is running. If the latest firmware doesn’t help you means, you could try in older version firmware. If still no luck, then I don’t know the reason for it. However sometimes the phone may also stop working if there are any incompatible or damaged files reside in phone and if it is large in size.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro SK17i crashes randomly due to bug in memory management

For the problem of ram, it is a technology developed between Sony Ericsson and Qualcomm (which is the processor): in fact only about 320 Mb of RAM on the 512 are available to the user, the rest being reserved for the party system. Unfortunately not (yet) the solution, even by installing CyanogenMod7, I only had 320 Mb of available. But I find it all quite enough fluid.

There are some Internet applications that have their browser cache, which are temporary files that can be removed safely. Clearing these can get some extra memory. To do this we need to enter the Application Manager. Once inside you can see all the applications that you have installed and if they have to delete cache, you will get Clear cache option. Sometimes you may also need to Erase Data of application since this data was generated during the first time installation.

You are telling that some applications or may be the phone itself restart when you try to run them. So I think that the problem is precisely about these applications, not the lack of ram. Now move to the root. It does not make you lose the guarantees, as you can have the de-rooter for example by reinstalling a firmware non-root. The fact of the rooter will allow you to uninstall applications. By this you can get rid of one or more dedicated apps. All this will save you some RAM.

For me exactly the same problem and no idea why. Android has been re-installed 2 times. I will go for flashing now and install new apps. I have no time to test whether the problem is only with one of my apps or not. If didn’t help me to resolve the problem, I will surely going to send it for repair. Here the problem is, it will take several weeks to get back my phone from the repair center. There is no task manager installed on the phone to check it.

My problem seems to be related with the wifi standby directive. Since I have to point to''never''in network operation and return to''never''asked, running through my mini pro. According to the Mail by Crafty Apps, this is an Android bug and could therefore also with other apps to crash.