Thread: Not able to transfer contacts via bluetooth from Nokia 800 Lumia to N8

Not able to transfer contacts via bluetooth from Nokia 800 Lumia to N8

I was previously having N8 and I have recently bought Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem is that i am able to transfer contacts without any issue from the N8via Bluetooth but then now I am not able to pair up both phones, I mean that the N8 shows it paired up while the Lumia says that it does not support and because of all these I am not able to transfer contacts via bluetooth from Nokia Lumia 800 to N8, is ther anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out??

Re: Not able to transfer contacts via bluetooth from Nokia 800 Lumia to N8

I was previously having N8 and I have recently bought Nokia Lumia 800 and the problem is that i am able to transfer contacts without any issue from the N8via Bluetooth but then now I am not able to pair up both phones, I mean that the N8 shows it paired up while the Lumia says that it does not support and because of all these I am not able to transfer contacts via bluetooth from Nokia Lumia 800 to N8, is ther anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out??
    I will like to inform you that the there is no BT file transfer protocol in the Nokia 800 and it is not even supported by the other Windows Mobile 7.5, so I don’t think that you will be able to transfer the contacts from the Lumia 800 to the N8 and you will have to email the same or will have to make use of the Cloud, I think that this ability should be there, let’s see if it comes in the next update or not.

I have been facing the same and I have been getting the same error message when I was trying to transfer them to other mobiles, by now I have tried out pairing it with the following ones and have got the same response:
    • Nokia N900
    • N95
    • Samsung Galaxy Ace
    • Samsung Galaxy Mini
    • HTC desire

The weird thing about this is that the other phones show them as paired while the lumia 800 shows them as not supported.

I don’t think that this issue is with the contacts only, I mean that I am not able to transfer pictures as well,it just keeps on saying not supported an all and it does the same when I try to pair it with my laptop Bluetooth, I never thought that there will be such problem with the lumia 800, I mean that they have just ruined the basic feature of the phone. I also wanted to know that is there anyone who has started using Bluetooth headset and have not faced any problem?? Actually I am willing to get one but then I doubt that it will be working, is there anyone who can clear my doubts??

Yes even I was not aware of the same, they have just made it like the iphone where you can send the contacts or the pictures to the other phone using the Bluetooth and they can be sent to an iphone only, this was the reason that I have been ignoring the iphone by now but then I really was not aware that even the lumia 800 would be having the same case. I am really regretting on my decision of buying this.

Hey I have an alternate method that you all can try out, first just connect the phone to the computer or the laptop using a usb and after that just use the Zune in order to chose the file directories and after that synchronies them to the Lumia, I have been doing the same and I think that this is easier and quicker method of transferring the contacts as compared to the Bluetooth, if you want then you all can try out the same because I don’t think that there is any better option available for us by now. Best of luck.