Thread: How is internal GPS of Nokia Lumia 800?

How is internal GPS of Nokia Lumia 800?

I have had bad experience with Nokia N97 white and its internal GPS system! Just wondering if anyone has tested the internal GPS of lumia 800 without AGPS? Is it stable or it has the same problems like N97?

Re: How is internal GPS of Nokia Lumia 800?

I have Nokia lumia 800 and Nokia map and drive are good!i have used my GPS system several times now , till now great performance by the Nokia! It loads the track very fast! Nokia maps uses little data connection and gives you good quality of maps! It has the antenna at the left side of the mobile!

I have purchased this phone and believe me GPS quality Is really good! it only tracks your path but it can also tell you which side of road you are walking on! Nokia drive also helps you while travelling by telling you the exact locations and turns on the road! Its satellite navigation is really good! I had HTC wildfire before which was poor while telling me routes and often would re-route again and again!

GPS system in the lumia 800 seems to be working fine but there is a little confusion about the Nokia drive! It has almost same function like the N97. You have to download the necessary maps from Navteq and after that you will be able to use your internal GPS to calculate the routes without any internet connection. You can also use the Nokia maps here which uses the Google or Bing and you have to be connected through this!

In order to work Nokia drive needs maps to be downloaded,then it uses the internet to calculate the route! It also need data connection for AGPS using which it runs the GPS. Hence you can’t disable it. This phone also uses the latest Nokia drive but it lacks the facility of custom routing options which is present in symbian version!