Thread: unable to install SA 4.0.2.A.0.58 update on Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

unable to install SA 4.0.2.A.0.58 update on Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

I have recently bought a new Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro phone just couple of days ago the Smartphone is running on android as the one I liked , just finish with basic settings on my phone and told that there is a new software update. I am well aware of how to update the software using PC companion as I have done it many time on my previous Sony Ericsson Phone .
    But this time when I try to install 4.0.2.A.0.58 software update on my new phone this proving very difficult for me as I have simply follows the steps provided during the installation using pc companion , steps are (start, prepare, update, finish) but the steps unplug the USB from the phone and computer is seems to be useless nothing is happening on the phone and the computer. I have tried many times with different time intervals and many times I have rebooted my phone but every time the result is same ,anyone knows what I am doing wrong during installation or the problem is the new software update only. Please help me.

Re: unable to install SA 4.0.2.A.0.58 update on Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro

I am using Sony Ericsson xperia x10 mini pro from last three months and previously I had the 4.0.2.A.0.42 update on my phone then in the last month I have updated 4.0.2.A.0.58 update on my phone using the PC companion the update was installed successfully on my PC but I have not found any new changes on my phone I think the new update4.0.2.A.0.58 having some kind of problem.

If you are unable to install the update 4.0.2.A.0.58 on your phone using PC companion than I think you should try to install the update with Sony Ericsson update service and It is better than the Pc companion, the Update service is fast as compare to pc companion and if you have Wi-Fi then just go to settings >about phone and software update.

if you going to install update 4.0.2.A.0.58 on your phone using the Sony Ericsson update service then you make sure to keep backup of all your data as the phone is completely wiped out after the software update. so to back up and restore you can follow this steps:
    First go to setting from your home screen and then select privacy and then go to backup my data and finally select auto restore .after this you can proceed to the software update using the update service

If you are unable to install the update 4.0.2.A.0.58 using pc companion then you should try the following solution:
    1.First restart your phone and restart your computer connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable .then start the PC companion on your phone and performs the update from the beginning on your phone, if your phone doesn’t respond again then.
    2.restart your computer now first connect the USB cable to the computer and then connect it to your phone .start pc companion and simply select start on the support zone box then click start and go to repair and finally perform the software update once again from the beginning. I hope so this time you will successfully installed the update on your phone .

You are unable to complete the install update 4.0.2.A.0.58 with pc companion because it is possible that pc companion is interrupting with some other program .so you make sure that there is not any program like antivirus or firewall that are running on your computer and blocking the pc companion and if there is any program then disable that program and allow the full access to the pc companion .

I think you should try with the Sony Ericsson update service to install the update 4.0.2.A.0.58 on your phone and you find it difficult or again unable to install the update with the update service also then go to any near-by Sony Ericsson service center and get your phone updated without any issue.