Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini screen flickering

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini screen flickering

I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Xperia mini and it work fine but then the only problem that I am having is that while typing a message or while browsing the screen starts flickering, I just wanted to know if there is a solution to control the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia mini screen flickering

I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Xperia mini and it work fine but then the only problem that I am having is that while typing a message or while browsing the screen starts flickering, I just wanted to know if there is a solution to control the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I was facing the same in LG Optimus Sol but then I was able to control it to a good extent by changing the screen brightness to the max, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference, just try it out and then let me know.

I think that you might have been lucky with that solution because I am already having the screen brightness set to max in my case and I have also tried lowering it as well but then it is really not making any difference, the other thing that I have found that even after setting it to the max the brightness varies according to the ambient light, is there anyone who has found some other solution that I can try out??

No setting the brightness to the max really helps even I have tried out the same, if it is just not working for you then I just wanted to know that which is the current software that you are having, just go in to the Settings > About phone and the check out the software build number and then post the same here for further help.

I have checked out for the same and I have found it to be showing as 4.0.A.2.377. the other thing that I wanted to know is that why does the brightness vary as per the ambient light even when in am setting it to the max?? Is that normal or I am having problem with it as well.

I will like to inform you that the software build number that you have just posted is not the latest version, so better get the latest software and before that you can also check out for the widget naming "power control", this widget has a icon which will look like sun, so of you are having it then just tap on the same and then see if you are able to control the auto-brightness, actually you can just set it to 3 different modes such as Lowest, auto or max and see if it is making any difference. If at all you are not having that widget then just dial *#*#7378423#*#* and after that you will get a service menu so just tap on the same and then tap on the Service tests > Ambient Light Sensor and after that try to cover the censor and check if the numbers on the screen are dropping or not, if it is not changing accordingly then there is something wrong with the Ambient Light and you will have to get it checked from the service center, just check it out and see what possible solution is helping you out.

I have checked out the same and the test is responding me well without any issues, I mean that I was able to see the no changing according to the movement, so this means that there is nothing wrong with the ambient light as well, I am really running out of ideas now as I am not able to trace out the cause of the same. Is there anything else that I can try out, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated?

I think that the issue that you are having is something else then flickering, I will like to address the issue in a bit detail so we can just have a better idea of the problem that you are facing.

I think that the issue that you are having is something else then flickering, I will like to address the issue in a bit detail so we can just have a better idea of the problem that you are facing.
    Seems I am confusing you all, actually the issue that I am having is that I have already set the brightness to the max and at times when I am messaging or browsing then the ambient light is changing the brightness accordingly as my fingers as likely to cover it for some times, so I am addressing this is as flickering, am I using the wrong word??

Yes, flickering is when the display flashes/blinks when you are trying to adjust the brightness, just check it out for better understanding there are a no of flickering issue videos on the youtube, anyways I just wanted to share is that this issue might be because of the old software that you are having because the latest software does not allow the ambient censor to change the brightness accordingly when it is set to max, which on the other hand was not possible in the old software, so better upgrade to the latest one and then the issue will be probably get solved.