Thread: Two copies of music files created in default music player in xperia mini

Two copies of music files created in default music player in xperia mini

In my xperia mini whenever I listen to songs I noticed an unusual thing happening in my music player. Initially some 2 days ago when I was listening to a song, while listening when I went back to my playlist what I noticed was that a copy of the song which I was listening currently created its own copy. First I thought that it would be a minor issue but later now as I was done with the playlist, the whole playlist was doubled. I thought that this must have happened due to some mishandling activities by me. But I was wrong because when I viewed the same playlist using TinyPlayer, the songs in the playlist were normal and single. My friends told me that it could be due to virus, is it true?

Re: Two copies of music files created in default music player in xperia mini

Yes most probably this could be a virus problem. I am not sure with this but in my mobile phone the same problem started occurring only after when my antivirus was expired.

But in my case the problem was not limited to the playlist. In fact the issue was too serious with my gallery. While viewing the pics and videos from my gallery I use to get all doubled copies of each pics and videos. Suppose if I clicked an image now and when I view it in the gallery, I use to get the same image with its two copies. Later on I just guessed out that this could be due to antivirus issue as all this started happening only after my antivirus was expired. I am also not sure whether this problem can be sorted using an antivirus installed in the phone. I would suggest you to try it.

Have you people ever tried deleting those images, videos or music file? What happens when you delete them? Do they really get deleted or else they do not make any difference in the phone? Try to delete the duplicated music file or image then again try to view the file, and then notice the difference. Try out this R and D and post the result so that we can at least know the seriousness of this problem.

The first thing came in my mind when I faced this problem was to delete duplicated files and check. Not only I thought but I also tried this trick, and I was badly unsuccessful. But anyways I will definitely let you know the impact and the result after trying out the trick.

Initially when I saw few duplicated music files I directly deleted them and then continued listening the song and guess what it worked fine. Further I didn’t find the same file getting doubled again. But the case was different. The next time I opened up the music player and then the music list to play the songs what I found was that the same songs which I deleted initially were again duplicated. Then I understood that deleting the files or songs works but just for a time period till the music player is active and running. Once I exit the player and then open it again all the problem occurs again.

Without any question and queries I would suggest you to go and just delete you music folder. Remember I said just delete the music folder and not to delete a specific song or format the whole phone. I am sure deleting the whole folder and then recreating it would make some difference. I mean to say that first delete the folder then recreate it. And then as per your requirement get the songs which you need to download in your phone. You can do it by connecting your phone to your pc or laptop and then coping the songs which you want and then access your single copied playlist songs.

Sounds interesting but can you tell me how can I just delete a specific folder? Because till now I just heard about deleting some specified thing and also formatting the whole phone, I never tried this thing but I heard these words frequently from my friends. But this is the first time I am hearing that we can also delete a specific folder. I know the procedure to do it through pc where we just need to connect the phone and then go to mass storage and then manipulate the whole data. But I am totally unaware about how to do it in phone.

I am surprised to hear that you have no idea about deleting a specified folder. Anyways I will let you know the procedure; if you have heard about application manager then you even need not have to ask anyone about your doubt. You just have to go to,

Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Music > Clear data

Here I gave you the example of deleting the whole music folder data; you can follow the same step for deleting any of the folders by getting into the applications manager.

As you have mentioned that playing the music in TinyPlayer does not create any issue, then definitely there may be some problem with your inbuilt player. Maybe your inbuilt sony ericsson player must have got infected with virus. If it’s so then definitely you should try and scan your phone or else the better solution I would give you will be using Google Music.

This is the best player you could ever get in replacement of the default music player present in your sony ericsson xperia mini. Just try to install this player from the android market and use it, if you face the same problem of duplicated files then definitely the issue is too serious. But I am damn sure that the problem lies in you default player.

Have you ever transferred the music manually or else did you ever used media go? The reason I am asking you such questions is because there may be chances that you transferred the the music files twice without your notice using the media go or something similar to it. You can mount your SD card on your computer on MSC.

Settings > sony ericsson > connectivity > usb onnection mode > mass storage mode

After the connection you can check and clear your doubts whether you have created double files or not.

When I had this problem I was suggested with this solution and I successfully implemented it and tackled the problem:

• Turn off your phone
    • Take the SD card out
    • Press and hold the power button
    • Insert the card again
    • Switch on the phone

And now check out the music player, and try playing the songs. Keep on checking the playlist again and again whenever you open the player.

Maybe this is all because of mishandling of ID-tags. There may be some problem with all the ID-tags used by the default player in your phone must be having some problem. Now in case of TinyPlayer you are not at all facing any problem just because this player does not use any ID-tags to identify the music. That’s the reason few players like this one is not creating any issue while playing in your phone.

You can try it out, might be bit problematic but it should definitely work in your phone,
    • Connect your phone to your pc
    • Open the music files with windows media folder
    • There you need to go to Artist
    • Find the album
    • Right click > transfer the album information to your phone.

This should however work, now delete the music folder on your SD card.