Thread: how to take backup in my xperia mini pro

how to take backup in my xperia mini pro

I recently bought a new sony ericsson xperia mini pro few days ago but as soon as I got it, I received a message that I should update the software installed in my phone. Now updating the software is not an issue for me.

I tried to update it thought the PC companion but failed doing so. Now there is no such other way from which I can update the software. When called up sony ericsson support center they said that I need to update the software via online, but the same side they also did warned me to take the backup as there are major chance of my data getting flush out. But they are not bothered to tell me the possible way to take the back up. So now I am expecting some help for the same from here, please let me know how I can take the back up for my phone so that I can update my software.

Re: how to take backup in my xperia mini pro

You are aware of how to update the software then you would definitely be able to get the backup on your phone:

Settings -> privacy -> Back up my data

Don’t forget to select the option “Automatic storage”. In case if faced any problem, for safe side just download and install and backup and restore application.

I am completely unaware about this back up techniques and all so please can you elaborate about how to take the back up. Is it necessary to download and install the backup and restore application? If yes then how can I do it? There is no other way to take the back up?

It’s not necessary to download and install the backup and restore application as you can also take the backup using your inbuilt function present in your phone. But for more convenience and reliability we suggest you to use those applications. Any ways downloading that application is not as difficult as you can simply go and visit android market and get it downloaded. Then for the installation you need to:

Go to settings > applications > Check unknown sources

Or else you can download IO File Manager for the market, then download the back up and restore application, then transfer it to your SD card, then using the IO File manager you can find it from your SD card then if found just tap on it and get it installed by following the instructions.

Can’t give you ideas to backup the whole data but yes I can help you out in taking the back up for your contacts. For this you can sync your contacts with google unless you have opened your phone book.

• MENU button
    • Tap on Send Contacts
    • Select all and send it to your email on your pc
    • Download the file
    • Go to your gmail account
    • Click on contacts
    • Click on more actions
    • On the drop down menu click on "import"
    • Choose the file and click import

First of all let me know who told you that while updating your software your data will be removed. For your kind information updating android software need not really have to backup anything. The only best feature of android OS is that it never affects anything present in the phone while updating. I updated my phone safely without worrying about the back issue and all. Dude, try it out directly and stop wasting your time in taking the back up and all.

I think you are talking about the initial android releases because the feature has been changed in 2.3.3 version. I mean to say that now a days you need to take the backup if you are updating your phone from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 if there are no new updates available and then too if you are planning to update, you surely need to take the back up because maybe the updating process may remove data.

Suppose if you are facing any problem which you believe can be solved by updating software. Now you are updating the software without any knowledge that there are no new updates for the software available online, then too don’t think that your data will be safe after updating. You are wrong; all your data will be deleted without any prior information given to you.

There are no such things according to my knowledge. I never had such problem with my xperia mini pro. I had android 2.3.3 installed in it then later on I updated it to 2.3.4 without taking any back up. I didn’t find anything erased from my phone. I updated it with my pc companion.

In fact when you start the updating process, you get a message that nothing is going to be erased before and after the update is done.

This means you didn’t get what I said. My exact point was that if you are trying to update the phone where there is no updates available anywhere, then you need to take the backup because definitely in this your data is going to be erased up. You never know when there will be no updates available, so better you take the backup every time you plan to update.
    For your convenience I will help you to know whether there are updates available or not:

• Connect the phone to pc
    • Open pc companion
    • Check for updates

if you click on update you will be shown whether your phone is up-to-date.
    if you skip the update nothing will be harmed but anyhow if you click on update then definitely your data is going to be deleted.