Thread: BACK and MENU button not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini ST15i

BACK and MENU button not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini ST15i

I have recently purchased the xperia mini ST15i when I keep this mobile for charging after few time the phone heats up and its two touch buttons BACK and MENU starts working automatically without even touching it! I think i will have to service it from Sony Ericsson!

Re: BACK and MENU button not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini ST15i

I am also affected by the same problem here! i had sent my mobile to Sony Ericsson but the official said they will have to change the motherboard and it is not available to them and will be bringing it from Singapore! I thought I was the only one and it was just an faulty phone buy I checked on the forum and found out that there are many other users like you having the same problem with these touch buttons and overheating! Atleast tell inform us that our phone will be repaired or not? This was never expected from company like Sony Ericsson!

I don’t think the problem gets solve as I have just received a repaired phone, they said they have changed the motherboard but this problem has not solved yet! There is a problem in every xperia mini phone here! Sony Ericsson should find the permanent solution to this as giving us the same faulty phone will not work for us! This is not related to motherboard anymore if they have really changed my motherboard!

hi I had brought the same phone a month ago! I was suffering from the same problem of touch buttons getting activated without even touching them! I later updated this phone to see if I could fix it but it did not! Then I sent it to service center and they serviced my mobile motherboard same as all the people here say about Sony Ericsson changing their motherboard! After servicing it all went worst and my phone also started to vibrate automatically! It was also looking scary and very annoying so I have again sent it service center let’s see what they change now and the reason behind this!

I also think that repairing or replacing the phone will not change anything because if Sony Ericsson can’t repair it then it is out of their control and replacing the mobile doesn’t make any sense! Instead of that Sony Ericsson should give us different mobile phone with price in a same range! I think Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman should do the best! It also has the same features! It has the front camera also!

I have returned my phone to service center and waiting for their reply now! i am very disappointed by this phone, I really should have bought phone from other vendors like Nokia, Samsung or iphone! If they return my phone with solution then it is ok if not then I am going to ask for exchange or return my money back. I don’t have faith in them now as some people mentioning that they have received a faulty phone again after repairing it! Please Sony Ericsson test your phones before sending it to the market!

I was reading the review of this very well built phone and I was almost going to buy this phone but when read the problems with this phone that are so serious I have changed my mind now! There are so many people with the same issue and software update and servicing doesn’t seem to be working for this problem! Sony Ericsson should communicate with its user and tell them about the solution on this! There should be some way to solve it or return the money!

As all the users are mentioning that Sony Ericsson has changed the motherboard of their phone I think that the motherboard that they have cannot keep the unit from heating! Whenever you play the game or other applications, answer to the call or take pictures it makes the hardware hot and resulting in a phone getting heat up! As phone screen has capacitive touch screen, it can react to the touch or even heat of your finger! That is the reason when your phone heats up the screen starts flickering also and sometimes the button gets activated creating the issue that you people are having! Even when you charge your phone can note that your phone has heated up slightly and it work slow to touch!