Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Android Tablet does not support Adobe Flash

Portable Devices

Old 21-01-2012

Android Tablet does not support Adobe Flash

It seems to me that there is no way I can get adobe flash in my android tablet. So due to this I cannot view YouTube videos. There are several ways to get Flash in the tablet but none of them helping me. Incompatibility roaring all the way around my Tablet.
  • At first I tried the direct download but error application was not installed" even after the completion of installation process.
  • Then I tried from transferring from PC via USB but still the same error message.
  • Tried the Android market option but it rejected to download.
What else I can do now?

Old 21-01-2012

Re: Android Tablet does not support Adobe Flash

If you really want to play Youtube videos in your android tablet then there is a temporary solution. You can sue the slide me app or youtube downloader. This app will download YouTube videos instead of streaming them. This will enough for you.
Old 21-01-2012

• First of all download the flash_for_21.zip and extract the .apk file in your system.
  • In your Tablet find and install “Apps Installer” utility from Android market. This app will allow you to open .apk through any file explorer.
  • Now Connect Android tablet to the PC and copy .apk file. Make sure that you are copying it to the SD card and you are copying it to the root folder.
  • Then launch “Apps Installer” and go after the on screen instructions to install flash_for_21.apk file
  • After completion, reboot the device.
Old 21-01-2012

The Flash 10.2 APK is only compatible with Android 3.0 Honeycomb.

But some reports say that this version of Flash is also works in Android 2.3 Gingerbread and 2.2.x Froyo.

Users who are currently using this version of Flash very happy with It and they are saying that it loads videos more quickly than they expected.
Old 21-01-2012

Does your Android tablet came with good specification? I have doubt that whether your device meets the minimum system requirements or not for the Flash Player on Android. Somewhere here I have seen that Flash Player requires ARMv7 instructions set. This level is needed to get required performance for acceptable multimedia playback. In your case the tablet is still with ARM11 CPU or prior. It only supports the ARMv6 instruction set.
Old 21-01-2012

You should try Skyfire. The main feature of this application is it uses "remote desktop" technology to render Flash animation. Those who are having problem with Flash on their device or incapable of processing Flash content natively, they should go for this one. This app is also capable to render video in the cloud.
Old 21-01-2012

I think that it is some kind of bug with Market or your device that is causing you to not to install Flash. Otherwise I can assume that your device already installed with Flash but it is not working properly. Anyway first of all update your Android market app, if you are still on the older version. Then try to download Flash. If it is still rejected, then I can say that there is probably Flash player contents reside in your device which you must remove.
Old 21-01-2012

The problem must be something to do with the Android Market application because I have encountered the same problem before. I resolved this easily. If your device contains any critical information, back up it and then go for the following steps.

Go To Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market. Now Click Force Stop and after that Click Clear > Clear Cache. Finally reboot your device.
Old 21-01-2012

If you think that there is already a downloaded Flash Player, uninstall it by Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Flash Player and click Uninstall. If it successfully uninstall the app, then you can get the new one.
Old 22-01-2012

It seems to me that there is already a version of Flash Player included on the device by the manufacturer. So there is no way you can update or install different version from the Android market unless manufacturer provide an update for that. This means you cannot even delete the Flash Player because it is pre-packaged on your device. The only possible way to get the latest version is to root the device so that you can get the super user access to do settings as you required.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,