Thread: unable to setup Google account in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro after a software upgrade!

unable to setup Google account in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro after a software upgrade!

Hi, i have just updated my Xperia mini pro to version 4.0.2.A.58 but after that I am not able to setup my Google account and it returns an error “can’t create reliable data connection” !i have tried doing a factory reset, I have also tried repairing my software using PC companion 2.0 few times, but I am still getting same problem! I can use my browser but I am not able to set up the Google account only! I have tried connecting with my mobile internet and with Wi-Fi connection also but still it doesn’t work! Before updating my phone I had setup my Google account!

Re: unable to setup Google account in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro after a software upgrade!

Have you tried updating your phone without SIM card and Memory card, try doing it! I have heard of things that say it gives problems sometimes while updating phone with SIM card and Memory card! Try a new update available on the Sony Ericsson official website and install it!

Re: unable to setup Google account in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro after a software upgrade!

I have tried the latest update available on the website with only mobile and no SIM card and memory card inserted into it! i am still getting the above said error message of “can’t create reliable data connection”! What is wrong about this update? I am sure that this not my phone’s problem and it all have started after updating my phone to new update! Is there anyone who has installed a new update? and if yes, are you getting any issues with your phone? I really want to know about this problem it’s my brand new phone! Please suggest anything that you know and I am willing to experiment with my mobile!

Well that’s very bad, you are able to connect with internet but not with Google account! Are you able to connect with other application that uses internet data like YouTube! If you are getting problems with only Google account then check whether you have changed something from privacy policy! Or why don’t you try creating a new account you will come to know if there is anything with your original account! Try going to your account from computer and change the privacy policy and then login from your mobile!

I have been trying to download different setups and installing on my mobile first few times it showed above mentioned error but after downloading a new setup from Sony Ericsson website now I have seen a new message about the “security certificate” but it was showing the continue option also I clicked on that option and went directly to Gmail login page! I think it was really problem about security certificate only that is why I was able to browse and use other website like Facebook and Twitter! Why is so?

You are getting the problem because your network provider has given you only WAP setting and not internet APN! Here is the setting for APN:
    1. Go to settings from main menu!
    2. Select Wireless networks
    3. Go to Mobile network and select Access Point Names
    4. Now only keep MMS and delete other APN
    5. Now contact your network provider for new APN internet settings!

Are these APN needed for the Wi-Fi connection also? Because I am using the WI-FI spot at my work place! i have tried creating a new account on Gmail instead of just trying to sign in to my account but this time it also returns the error message saying error in data connectivity! Just want know how the hell it connects with other account then! I think I have problem related to data connectivity because in all the several case I have encounter the problem related to internet data only!

when you first setup your phone, and tried to access the Market, it should have prompted you for your email account, did you use Gmail for that? Is your Gmail account active, meaning have you tried to access it via the internet to ensure your name and PW are correct. If they are correct, go into the email app on your phone, and setup your Gmail account. Once it is setup and working properly, you 98% done. Now go into the sync area and it should be working properly as you tell it what you want to do....this works! if it dosent pls contact me...i've also been there