Thread: After removing and again placing the micro SD in Sony Xperia PLAY my app gone missing

After removing and again placing the micro SD in Sony Xperia PLAY my app gone missing

Hi all,

I've look for the internet for hours trying to locate a answer to this issue however originate only similar issue with icons disappearing, not entire apps, icons and every part of it. I got a new 32GB micro SD card transfers the entire apps that was able to be moved to it. Later than when I restarted my phone every links to those apps vanished from home screen and as of app drawer. Through application manager I was able to see the apps but when trying to move them back to the phone notice emerge that the application is missing.

a few moves applications will run before restart , a few won't but all will go after being moved to SD card and phone restart . I did resetting the handset and starting from the scratch but the results were the same. Can anyone her help me on this I would be really be appreciating this

Thanks.

re: After removing and again placing the micro SD in Sony Xperia PLAY my app gone missing

This occur for the reason that the apps that vanish are on MicroSD. When booting the handset the launcher starts previous to the SD card is scanned. so the launcher doesn't sees the apps and believe they are lost.

So what you need to do is the following, force quit the launcher. You can do the following Go to the setting then Applications after that to the Manage applications over there see all the select the SE Home then and hit "Force stop" this will again launch the SE home and the entire the apps will be back

re: After removing and again placing the micro SD in Sony Xperia PLAY my app gone missing

Thanks for a quick reply however unfortunately restarting SE Home doesn't repair the problem for me. The apps are all gone. If I go back to application manager and have a observe apps installed on SD I can see an entry like: com.appspot.swisscodemonkey.appbrain using the 32kb which is not that big and an option to move it to phone but then a notification: Failed to move application. The application does not present.

Did you modify your SD card with no backup of everything? as moving apps to SD card make a folder where the apps are in. If you remove this folder the entire apps will be disappeared. In Linux and Mac won't see this folder since it's hidden for them. the folder is called ".android_secure" you have to copy this file to

Re: After removing and again placing the micro SD in Sony Xperia PLAY my app gone missing

try this, turn off your handset take the battery and sd card out w/o them press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, then try all over again