Thread: poor battery life and repeated turn off in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini

poor battery life and repeated turn off in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini

Hello!!! I have purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia mini 2 weeks ago. This is an Android phone which is packed with great features. I liked the design and prime qualities of this cell phone very much that is why I purchased it. But yesterday I was hurt when I saw my phone was turning off frequently in between and the battery too gets drain quickly even after I charge my battery. It was very annoying too see this because I have paid lot cash for this cell and I have purchased 2 weeks earlier only. Can anyone advice me what is happening??? Any advice will be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

re: poor battery life and repeated turn off in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini

I will suggest that you should restore the factory settings of your mobile. But make sure to create backup of your important data, files and applications. Do as follows to backup an restore the factory settings:

• Open menu>>Go to Settings>>click on general>>select privacy>>Back up the data
    • Open menu>>go to settings>>select general>>click on factory settings>>activate it by click on reset

You should download and install OI File Manager. It manages files on the SD card and browses your SD card. It will create directories and eventually rename, copy, move, and delete files. This application can work without internet. You should first go to application settings and check unknown resources. After that transfer it to your SD card and install OI file manager. Also sync your contacts with Google by importing all your applications through your email account.

I think the main problem behind draining the battery is that you are using an android mobile with many processes are running simultaneously. So it is usual that the battery will get drain quickly. But do try to battery pull and then reboot your mobile. Also update your mobile by using SEUS program
    Download. Also update the latest version of firmware.

I will suggest you to call Sony Ericsson support centre to fix your issue as early as possible. They will solve issue of you as soon as possible. They will give you detailed process about how to fix this problem. You can call customer service centre no- 1800 110011 for enquiry and they will help you accordingly. I am sure it will work for you.

As you are using a Smartphone there is a possibility that you must be using very high profile applications. Whenever you don’t have any usage GPS, 3G which uses your battery at a higher level and drains turn them off or disable them. Keep your phone’s Bluetooth off when not required because it also drains your battery very quickly. Set the brightness level of the mobile to normal. Quickly upgrade the firmware of your mobile to the latest version. Also restore the factory settings by creating proper backup. I hope it works.

I will suggest you to go to Sony Ericsson service centre and place your mobile for repairing. There have lodge many complaints about this mobile same as this issue and they have successfully solved. The skilled and trained professionals will fix this issue properly. You don’t have to do any thing just wait for your mobile to arrive. If they are unable to repair your phone they will provide you a new mobile of same model. If you will have warranty card the repairing will be free of cost.

Re: poor battery life and repeated turn off in Sony Ericsson Xperia mini

Thanks a lot guys for helping me regarding this issue. I have done everything but I have failed. So I am planning to give my mobile to the service centre to get it done. I am highly admired by your help guys. Really appreciated. thanks again