Thread: Can we have Android operating system on Nokia N9 or Nokia N950?

Can we have Android operating system on Nokia N9 or Nokia N950?

As the title saying what I wanted to ask you over here. will Nokia N9 or Nokia N950 have Android operating system? I know this phone is really nice with Meego but it will become nicest if it will have ice cream sandwich? Now tell me what do you thinking on the above mentioned matter. I am waiting for the quick reply of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can we have Android operating system on Nokia N9 or Nokia N950?

Yes this particular phone is having great feature but I could not find out the reason why Nokia is not using Android operating system for their handhelds.

Well Nokia has selected Windows Phone as main OS for the devices which they are manufacturer. That’s the reason Nokia selected Windows over Android. Microsoft requires great hardware partner to become a winner and Nokia will need decent operating system to do well. Both of them need each other and that’s why Nokia is looking to develop their hardware for the windows phone development. I think Nokia will not need Android.

According to me Android seems to be quite slow when appswitching is considered. But I think ICS could have different kind of scenario to work. I would like to go for Android for only one reason because it having lots of apps. Though Meego is quite good but there are few apps are developed for this particular operating system. if Linux developer are supposed to port the app for this particular smartphone then I don’t think I will ever think about Android.
    If above mentioned things is not possible than I think they should provide dual booting or ICS. I ma hoping that Nokia will look on all the things which all the users are discussing over here and they will take positive action on it.

I don’t think so there is need of having Android OS on the device. Well according to me meego software is looking quite well and runs smooth on my device.

I love my N9 but absents of some useful app and useful feature are making me to wait till there are releasing of some new updates. Personally I am wondering that it is better to have Meego on Nokia N9 rather an Android based operating system.