Thread: how to verify whether the GPS is working on my Samsung Omnia W

how to verify whether the GPS is working on my Samsung Omnia W

I have recently purchased Samsung Omnia W which works on Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. I am very keen to find out new features about this mobile. I am very happy to have this mobile. While discovering various features I didn’t find GPS anywhere. When I was browsing the settings menu and the menu in the Maps application I didn’t found GPS anywhere. How can I verify that my GPS on my mobile is working or not?? Please help me through this relevant topic. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: how to verify whether the GPS is working on my Samsung Omnia W

The GPS is usually situated in the application settings. There are two types of GPS located there. One is AGPS which uses the carrier infrastructure and other GPS which utilizes satellite. If you are unable both the GPS I the application settings then search in the OS. There must be the GPS settings which you need to use the GPS.

No dude I am unable to find GPS both in application settings and the OS. When I enable my location in the settings the Maps application showcases my location on the map properly. But I am not getting how it is doing this. Do I have to download and install any application to use the GPS?? Please help me to fix this.

Windows phones usually use GPS on its own basis. You can use GPS, AGPS through your Wifi location. There is a possibility that the GPS is turned off in your mobile to save your battery from getting drained, as it uses your battery to a large extent. Search which application that suits the GPS of your mobile. It will therefore test your GPS. Hope it works. Give me your feedback.

I will suggest you to download Google maps from the Marketplace. You can choose from from either the paid version or the free version. It is your choice. After downloading the GPS install it and start it. It is the important to test the GPS. It will find your location automatically and you will get satellite icon.

I think you should call Samsung customer service centre to help you to fix your problem. They will verify through their system that GPS is working or not on your phone. Kindly call customer service centre no- 1800 110011 for further enquiry. Hope it helps you. Give me your feedback.

I will suggest you to quickly hand over your mobile to the Samsung official store nearby you. They will check that if GPS is working on your mobile or not. The customer service centre executive will activate the GPS if it is turned off by mistake. If you will have warranty card of your mobile they will do it for free. Kindly give me your feedback if it helps.

Thanks a lot guys for giving me advice. It has helped me a lot. I have done all the things but nothing has worked so I am planning to give my cell to Samsung service centre to get it done. I think they can only fix this issue and give me my mobile to use. Thanks again guys. Really appreciated.