Thread: Camera does not keep track of picture number in file names in Xperia mini pro

question Camera does not keep track of picture number in file names in Xperia mini pro

I have recently purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro. Yesterday I found that the camera is unable to keep the track of the picture number in the file names accurately. It will keep track of user number till the user does not delete any pictures from it, but as soon as it is deleted and when I click new picture the camera which showcase the picture number of deleted one to the new clicked picture. So when transferring the files it overlaps the earlier file and becomes duplication. This is annoying me. What should I do?? Please give me proper advice. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Camera does not keep track of picture number in file names in Xperia mini pro

Dear friend can I know which OS you are using?? When does the error occur?? When you delete the pictures from the default camera application or from any other camera application?? Give me exact information so I will be able to help you properly. Thanks.

Re: Camera does not keep track of picture number in file names in Xperia mini pro

I am using Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread OS. When I am deleting from other camera application the error is occurring. When I use my default camera application of the phone the file name numbering is done properly. I want the picture numbering system should be accurate in both the methods. Any suggestions??

I was also facing the same problem but I found how to fix this issue. Initially I created photo albums with different folders and then copied the pictures to the same folder you have selected and after that choose both of them. Keep in mind don’t overwrite any files. Then set the view to detailed list and sort all the pictures after their date which they were clicked and that which are not applicable. Hope that it works. Give me your feedback.

I have noticed similar issue with my xperia mini pro. For eg. If I have clicked 6 pictures:

• DSC_0022.JPG
    • DSC_00023.JPG
    • DSC_00024.JPG
    • DSC_00025.JPG
    • DSC_0026.JPG

If I will delete DSC_00024.JPG file and click a new picture then the new file appears DSC_00024.JPG but it should appear DSC_0027.JPG by default. Therefore all my photos get overlapped when I transfer it to the computer. It becomes very difficult to sort out the pictures

I will suggest you to call Sony Ericsson support centre to fix your problem. They will solve this bug report as soon as possible. They will give you detailed process about how to fix this bug. You note down al the process and do it by yourself. You can call customer service centre no- 1800 110011 for enquiry and they will help you accordingly. I am sure it will work for you.

Going to the Sony Ericsson service centre and giving your mobile for servicing is the best option you have now. They will take care of your mobile. The customer representatives who are highly skilled will fix this error as soon as possible accurately. There is an advantage that you don’t have to do any thing. If they found the servicing cannot be done then they will offer you a new mobile. If you will have warranty card the servicing will be free of cost. This will surely help you. Give me your feedback.

Thanks a lot guys for helping me in this relevant issue. I have done everything but I have failed. So I have decided to place my mobile to the service centre to get it done. I am highly obliged guys. Really appreciated. If it still not work I will inform you.